Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I received my G372XP two days ago. I installed a 24” bar and chain and made some test cuts and it did well without any tuning adjustments. If anything it’s running fat.. After the test cuts I tossed it onto the back of the skidder to be my backup saw and it unfortunately didn’t last long - about 2 hours before a 4” tree connected with it and broke some stuff..
View attachment 405030
View attachment 405031
Although the muffler is dented, it’s completely functional. It’s the side cover and brake parts I’ll need to order. I’ve never worked on a “husky” before so this will be a new adventure. Anything I should know before ordering?
Damn that's rough
I have several old saws without brake flags
They don't scare me.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
5:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I received my G372XP two days ago. I installed a 24” bar and chain and made some test cuts and it did well without any tuning adjustments. If anything it’s running fat.. After the test cuts I tossed it onto the back of the skidder to be my backup saw and it unfortunately didn’t last long - about 2 hours before a 4” tree connected with it and broke some stuff..
View attachment 405030
View attachment 405031
Although the muffler is dented, it’s completely functional. It’s the side cover and brake parts I’ll need to order. I’ve never worked on a “husky” before so this will be a new adventure. Anything I should know before ordering?
Man.... that just plain sucks.....

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ordered a blue 372, and the orange 288 & 395 on new years eve.
Got an email the other day from ft saying the blue 372s are out of stock... they said they'd swap it out for an orange one for the same price. 👍
They offered me one of the orange/gray one's but I already have one of those so I asked for the orange one.

They said they would be shipping soon. the other saws I've ordered directly from China took right around 40 days, and never any shipping/tracking information.

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just curious, why don’t you like high tops? I’m a Stihl guy, and absolutely new to this “Chusqavarna” I bought. What the main difference between the high and low tops, besides shape? Does one filter better than another? Are they interchangeable?

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did end up getting a blue 372 to match my blu88 and truck. (Police recovered it Dave!) You were right about the lightweight bar giving it a whole new feel. Sugi 24. I get a kick out of all the color combos they are coming up with. I see FT now has a gray case 372 like the Neotec. Kind of fits with the current Husky colors of silver or dark gray crankcases anyway.p
Poor

I can only spell retirement with a small r, as in addition to saws, I've helped out a couple neighbors with their snowblowers. Had success with a couple am carbs for those also. Tecumseh has been gone since about 2008, and the am ones can still be had in the old style with the adjustable hi speed jet on the bottom. Way better than the fixed jet stiff we got saddled with the last few years from Tecumseh. The one carb showed up in the mailbox the Friday before the foot of snow we got on that Sunday!

What's the 4 saw shipping deal that you guys have mentioned? Or is it just better to go with the flash sales? Based on Walt's experience with his 395, I may just give one to someone I know for a real test. If it can endure a life with Billy, it'll survive with anyone.

slackinoff

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had chance to compare views to MS180 crankcases. Chinesium and OEM.
OEM conrod was like piece of steel cut out of 5mm plate, visible marks of cutting process. Chinesium view attached.
Seals were junk though and got replaced after failing during first testing.

Wow that is interesting on the clone 180 conrod. I remember taking apart a 170 for the first time and seeing that RC Airplane looking conrod. I was like....uh is this the OEM crankshaft?

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I did end up getting a blue 372 to match my blu88 and truck. (Police recovered it Dave!) You were right about the lightweight bar giving it a whole new feel. Sugi 24. I get a kick out of all the color combos they are coming up with. I see FT now has a gray case 372 like the Neotec. Kind of fits with the current Husky colors of silver or dark gray crankcases anyway.p
Poor

I can only spell retirement with a small r, as in addition to saws, I've helped out a couple neighbors with their snowblowers. Had success with a couple am carbs for those also. Tecumseh has been gone since about 2008, and the am ones can still be had in the old style with the adjustable hi speed jet on the bottom. Way better than the fixed jet stiff we got saddled with the last few years from Tecumseh. The one carb showed up in the mailbox the Friday before the foot of snow we got on that Sunday!

What's the 4 saw shipping deal that you guys have mentioned? Or is it just better to go with the flash sales? Based on Walt's experience with his 395, I may just give one to someone I know for a real test. If it can endure a life with Billy, it'll survive with anyone.
You can get the neotec 395 for 296.00
Using code happyneotec with free shipping.
The holzforma 395 is 315.05 shipped now if you want to wait 30+ day's
Mine was 267.00 on the flash sale they had.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Poor

I ordered my saws though the flash sale so it was essentially buy one get one free.
I bought this g372xt because i have a
Complete oem xt topend carb,intake, cylinder, muffler and coils but no xt
IMG_20240125_124005.jpg
It's running great from the box
As good as any oem xt I've run.
The first thing i do is grease the clutch bearing on all these clone saws.IMG_20240125_115439.jpgIMG_20240125_115216.jpg
Dry weight
IMG_20240125_125326.jpg
Full of fuel,oil and a 20" laminate bar and chain.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's 4 holzforma saws in the last month I've taken from the box
And fueled up and started
2 288s a 395 and a 372xt
No issues at all so far they all start/run and oil just fine
IMG_20240125_130254.jpg
I see since the last farmertec 372 i built they have copied my echo tank vent mod
They used those stupid sintered copper pucks in the tanks 6 year's ago.
It's been that long since I've handled one of their clone saws the fit and finish is very much improved especially the plastics on the 288 and 395.
The 372 isn't bad at all compared to my other manufacturer clone 372s.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ordered a blue 372, and the orange 288 & 395 on new years eve.
Got an email the other day from ft saying the blue 372s are out of stock... they said they'd swap it out for an orange one for the same price. 👍
They offered me one of the orange/gray one's but I already have one of those so I asked for the orange one.

They said they would be shipping soon. the other saws I've ordered directly from China took right around 40 days, and never any shipping/tracking information.
Many of their saws are out of stock they must've moved a lot of saws in the flash sale.
The g288 must be selling well they just introduced the gray version
https://www.farmertec.com/87cc-Holz...e-For-Husqvarna-288-Chainsaw-pd784367978.html
Still can't understand why farmertec doesn't offer fullwraps for the 288
I have oem one's and they still sell high.

Hulpio

DIY addict
GoldMember
Local time
1:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
346 would be a hit. I know they follow this thread so after 30 years in the business here's a few thoughts on the subject. This could get long. Lol

Considering how many parts they have for the 346 chassis, they're more than halfway there. But they need to accurately do the 44.3mm 346NE top end. Same with the 46mm top end for the 357. Both of those are quad port cylinders similar to the 372. The 353 and 359 top ends don't perform as well and will not get anyone excited. The 357 was always a bit underrated, and was closer to the 262 than most people give it credit for. But since the folks at farmertec are going back into the 200 series Huskys, the biggest surefire hit, in addition to the 346, would be to do the 262xp. It would easily sell well enough, that they'd be offering it in all of their color schemes. I've already got 4 of them, but I'd need a blue one to match my truck, right?

I understand the business case for the larger saws. In addition to being popular, the price advantage FT can offer over the big CC saws is always greater than on the smaller saws. But serious saw users don't just run the larger saws. There is a market for high performance pro saws in the 50 and 60 CC sizes as we are discussing. I see there is a Holtzforma version of the Husky 450. Not to sure how well that will go over. But I don't think they should have bothered with that model. Supporting that chassis with parts makes sense, as it does with the 51 and 55 models. But it's harder to make the case for selling complete saws in that segment.

I see that Neotec is doing a version of the Husky 543xp. It's a decent saw design, but never came close to capturing the excitement of the 15,500 rpm 242xp. That model was legendary with arborists in its day. You have to run one to get it. Even the milder 246 will eat up a 543. But I still think a faithfully done 346 would be the better small saw success for Farmertec. And they should really consider the 262xp!

242 and 357 would be the next options.

Much of this assumes they want to continue to expand their model offerings. I don't expect that they will be able to do this with the newer autotune and mtronic saws.

Sorry if I tend to get long winded with these posts.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
346 would be a hit. I know they follow this thread so after 30 years in the business here's a few thoughts on the subject. This could get long. Lol

Considering how many parts they have for the 346 chassis, they're more than halfway there. But they need to accurately do the 44.3mm 346NE top end. Same with the 46mm top end for the 357. Both of those are quad port cylinders similar to the 372. The 353 and 359 top ends don't perform as well and will not get anyone excited. The 357 was always a bit underrated, and was closer to the 262 than most people give it credit for. But since the folks at farmertec are going back into the 200 series Huskys, the biggest surefire hit, in addition to the 346, would be to do the 262xp. It would easily sell well enough, that they'd be offering it in all of their color schemes. I've already got 4 of them, but I'd need a blue one to match my truck, right?

I understand the business case for the larger saws. In addition to being popular, the price advantage FT can offer over the big CC saws is always greater than on the smaller saws. But serious saw users don't just run the larger saws. There is a market for high performance pro saws in the 50 and 60 CC sizes as we are discussing. I see there is a Holtzforma version of the Husky 450. Not to sure how well that will go over. But I don't think they should have bothered with that model. Supporting that chassis with parts makes sense, as it does with the 51 and 55 models. But it's harder to make the case for selling complete saws in that segment.

I see that Neotec is doing a version of the Husky 543xp. It's a decent saw design, but never came close to capturing the excitement of the 15,500 rpm 242xp. That model was legendary with arborists in its day. You have to run one to get it. Even the milder 246 will eat up a 543. But I still think a faithfully done 346 would be the better small saw success for Farmertec. And they should really consider the 262xp!

242 and 357 would be the next options.

Much of this assumes they want to continue to expand their model offerings. I don't expect that they will be able to do this with the newer autotune and mtronic saws.

Sorry if I tend to get long winded with these posts.
You say they read this thread
Good
Then farmertec why in the hell would you put a
10" pull rope on a damn 87cc saw
You *a-holes.
You need to offer performance cylinders for all your saws
Especially the 372s
And I'm sure all the stihl clones
Like the cross performance mmws 660 cylinder kits.
Better squish and timing numbers.
Also performance mufflers whether it be a larger 3/4 or so single port or dual port for the Husqvarnas
Stihls i don't care about.
Full wrap handlebars for the g288s
A Complete or parts 262xp saw
Especially the damn intake blocks.
Put the correct top cover on the g272
And air intake setup
Instead of a 61 top cover.
346 would be alright i guess
I never liked the baby saws
If it's not a d009 mount i don't want it.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 405030
View attachment 405031
So I was able to bend the metal brake lever part back into shape and reuse it. Currently waiting on a new brake flag and that plastic brake parts cover. Saw fired up first pull after sitting for a couple days now. I greased the clutch bearing as well. Only complaint I have is that the fuel cap leaks. I ordered a couple more of those too.