Any Chinese chainsaw and chinese parts discussion

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, the time difference sucks. Have these returned saws been repaired in any way or are they just as they received them? I went through the neotec website email and they have been good. They paid for a new carb from Amazon. I knew that wasn't the problem so they sent a video of how to install the carb so the throttle rod doesn't hit the intake clamp where the cable attaches and that fixed it. I told them the decomp was bad and they refunded me for an oem one I ordered on ebay.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, the time difference sucks. Have these returned saws been repaired in any way or are they just as they received them? I went through the neotec website email and they have been good. They paid for a new carb from Amazon. I knew that wasn't the problem so they sent a video of how to install the carb so the throttle rod doesn't hit the intake clamp where the cable attaches and that fixed it. I told them the decomp was bad and they refunded me for an oem one I ordered on ebay.
This particular saw i got has never been used at all just test fired at the factory
But it's a gamble of course whatever returns they sell back out.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This particular saw i got has never been used at all just test fired at the factory
But it's a gamble of course whatever returns they sell back out.
True, anything from a running saw to a bottom end failure. I asked Elaine about a nh843 clone. $115 shipped for new and $79 for a return. She didn't say anything about the condition of the return.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
True, anything from a running saw to a bottom end failure. I asked Elaine about a nh843 clone. $115 shipped for new and $79 for a return. She didn't say anything about the condition of the return.
I had a trade lined up for a nice 371xp for my
Holzfforma g395 but I'll probably keep it now.
So that's why i bought the NH395
But i have the 288s for the chainsaw mill
I really didn't want any more 365/372 clones especially a neotec.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a trade lined up for a nice 371xp for my
Holzfforma g395 but I'll probably keep it now.
So that's why i bought the NH395
But i have the 288s for the chainsaw mill
I really didn't want any more 365/372 clones especially a neotec.

Yeah, I definitely don't need any more saws, especially big ones. I'm in too bad of shape. I'm couldn't go to work today because my wrist has flared up again, swollen and extremely painful. I can't use my right hand at all right now. Have an appointment tomorrow for injections in my wrist. I hope it helps. I'm right handed and this really sucks.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Design patents used to be 14 years, and now are 15.
Can they get around patents if they make small changes to the design. I don't know how old the 543xp is but neotec makes a clone and I've watched a couple youtube videos about them and the strato port in the cylinder is blocked by a gasket. They said neotec did that because of the patent. Any truth to that you think?

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
8:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Can they get around patents if they make small changes to the design. I don't know how old the 543xp is but neotec makes a clone and I've watched a couple youtube videos about them and the strato port in the cylinder is blocked by a gasket. They said neotec did that because of the patent. Any truth to that you think?
Could be….then there is the whole EPA thing…not sure why Stihl, Husqvarna, Echo, etc. have to meet U.S. EPA regulations and all these Chinese clone manufactures are able to sell complete saws here in the U.S. that couldn’t pass. I’m not saying I agree with the EPA’s goals, but I do think the double standard is damaging to companies that have actually invested money in R&D.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Could be….then there is the whole EPA thing…not sure why Stihl, Husqvarna, Echo, etc. have to meet U.S. EPA regulations and all these Chinese clone manufactures are able to sell complete saws here in the U.S. that couldn’t pass. I’m not saying I agree with the EPA’s goals, but I do think the double standard is damaging to companies that have actually invested money in R&D.
I have wondered that myself. I have read several discussions on AS about this. They say they are illegal and they will be caught and punished. But they've been doing it for years and there has to be millions of clones in the US by now so evidently there is some kind of legal loophole that we don't know about. Miss Jane Xu from hutzl told me " our saws are legal for sale in the USA, don't worry "

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

dirter

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
V-MODEST is about to release their 2511T. I've had p[re-release for a couple weeks to test and so far there's not much to hate. It's not quite as snappy as the Echo from what I can remember. I had @huskihl do the works on mine so it's not really a fair fight. This has plenty of torque though and doesn't mind being leaned on. It tips the scale at 5lb - 7oz without bar, chain or liquid and that's with a shock absorbing handle. They call it a clone but it isn't really. so far the only part I've found that interchanges is the clutch. Everything else is just ever so slightly different. I like the dual bar studs. The muffler has a bigger outlet and isn't packed with junk, if you know what I mean. I have 10 on the way and they're going to be $159 with bar & chain. $22 more for a 1/4"-8T clutch drum.

1718469062658.png

Attachments

• 1718467813939.png
    1718467813939.png
    389.1 KB · Views: 1

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
V-MODEST is about to release their 2511T. I've had p[re-release for a couple weeks to test and so far there's not much to hate. It's not quite as snappy as the Echo from what I can remember. I had @huskihl do the works on mine so it's not really a fair fight. This has plenty of torque though and doesn't mind being leaned on. It tips the scale at 5lb - 7oz without bar, chain or liquid and that's with a shock absorbing handle. They call it a clone but it isn't really. so far the only part I've found that interchanges is the clutch. Everything else is just ever so slightly different. I like the dual bar studs. The muffler has a bigger outlet and isn't packed with junk, if you know what I mean. I have 10 on the way and they're going to be $159 with bar & chain. $22 more for a 1/4"-8T clutch drum.

View attachment 422942
I'll get one eventually not right now
I'm full up.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looked at the nh365 cylinder they did a good job on these compared to the nh372IMG_20240616_012110.jpg
IMG_20240616_105019.jpg
I put in a ngk and a outer felling spike and swapped out the garrish orange fuel/oil caps
Put in mix/bar oil and 15 pulls later it fired carb was way off
I got it dialed in and it runs very good for a 365
I have a oem cylinder for it if i ever want to swap it out.IMG_20240616_105224.jpg
Probably be selling or trading this one i have like 8 clone 372s floating around neighbors and family.