Any Chinese chainsaw and chinese parts discussion

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 394/5 tank also wears the trigger and the tank part where it contacts. I've taken the handle darts off before and bent a piece of safety wire around the end ferrule of the cable to shorten it before.

I did my best try to take pics inside the handle. Look right?
20240522_154212.jpg20240522_154301.jpg

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That looks to be in place, now closeups of the carb side.
You can see it in the other pics I posted. The sheath is up inside of the plastic holder.
I hadn't checked the carb settings until yesterday. This saw is new territory for me. It was running around 10 k no load. Checked the h needle and it was about 1 3/4 turn out. Turned it in to 1 turn and was around 12,500 and couldn't detect much 4 stroking. Set it to 1 1/4 and it's around 11,800 and 4 strokes in and out. I don't know what is normal for these. Should I try to take the intake elbow out, put the carb screws back in and look in to see how far the throttle plate is opening?

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I fired up the nh895 after I looked it over a bit. Started up in 7 pulls, idled good. Reved it up a bit, just didn't sound like it was getting to full speed. Found out the throttle is not opening all the way with the trigger fully pressed. It had a stop it's supposed to hit bit it only gets about 3/4 of the way there. I took a picture it fully pressed. I sent neotec an email but haven't heard back yet. Any ideas how to fix this if they don't do anything about it?View attachment 419898

I think I know your problem now. The return spring inside the trigger is not in it's proper saddle and is keeping you from reaching the full trigger pull which should be about flush with the handle.

It's either that or they really screwed up on the cable/sheath length. Either way a new carb isn't going to solve your problem.

Here is my blue clone at 0 throttle.

IMG_5758.jpg

At WOT.

IMG_5759.jpg

Trigger at WOT.

IMG_5760.jpg

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I know your problem now. The return spring inside the trigger is not in it's proper saddle and is keeping you from reaching the full trigger pull which should be about flush with the handle.

It's either that or they really screwed up on the cable/sheath length. Either way a new carb isn't going to solve your problem.

View attachment 420470

At WOT.

View attachment 420471

Trigger at WOT.

View attachment 420472

The carb end of mine doesn't go near that far at wot. I think the trigger goes pretty much flush. I'll try to check it when I get home. Thanks.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The carb end of mine doesn't go near that far at wot. I think the trigger goes pretty much flush. I'll try to check it when I get home. Thanks.
Ok, this is the trigger fully depressed. It has a little lip on the rear that touches the handle. I tried pushing the sheath farther up into the plastic hold where it was even with the top. It wouldn't move at all then, when I pressed the trigger. Makes no sense to me.
20240523_154442.jpg

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 420470

At WOT.

View attachment 420471

Trigger at WOT.

View attachment 420472

I noticed something else not sure if it matters or not. I was looking up throttle cables online and the crimped ends look the same on both ends, like yours looks in the pic. The carb end of mine is different than yours. The carb end of mine is more like a T and snaps into the plastic piece.
20240511_131713~2.jpg

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I noticed something else not sure if it matters or not. I was looking up throttle cables online and the crimped ends look the same on both ends, like yours looks in the pic. The carb end of mine is different than yours. The carb end of mine is more like a T and snaps into the plastic piece.
View attachment 420498
Could be sideways? Idk
Will it fit the other way?

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just replaced the duck bill valve in the tank vent of my blue G372xp that I've had for 4 years , I suppose that's not bad.
It's in the hundreds of trees cut now, pine beetle out breaks have certainly pushed those numbers.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
5:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 420498

I’ve used T-style ones like that without issue, but I would try replacing it.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve used T-style ones like that without issue, but I would try replacing it.
I've never done it. It looks like a pain. Any tips on how it's done?

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
5:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmm. I can't see what he's doing inside the handle.
Are the hyway cables from HL Supply any good?

It takes more than 2 minutes but it’s reasonably obvious where things go once you know the sequence.

I don’t have any experience with those particular cables, but Hyway has tried very hard in the last few years to make functional replacement parts. They want that “better than Farmertec” reputation, so they generally have a better vetting process for their parts production. I wish the cylinder castings were better, but a lot of the accessories work well. Usually even the FT cables work fine.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Fleethirte

Super OPE Member
Local time