High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

Another chainsaw dyno...

ChipsFlyin

OPE Platinum Member
Local time
3:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
This is one of my favorite threads ever! I have been watching from the beginning and it's pure enjoyment! It's amazing that some of the ported "work saws" are seeing upwards of 33-34 % gains from manufacturer numbers! The hybrids and strokers are crazy! Curious @Red97 do you have a list of all saws that you have run on the dyno or some kind of spread sheet, just a list with saws , hp and torque?

Thanks!

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know my saws are strong. I am just not up to the risk of sending my saws out through USPS and getting them back during these times when the mail has been put to the limits.
I'd love to test, but I'm not a gambling type of man. I work hard for my money. LOL
Sorry, just me.
I do admit, this is a cool thread. Good to see whats going on out there. [emoji106]
Keep up the good work Joe. Thanks for doing all of this.

Miller Mod Saws

Chainsaw Masseuse
Local time
2:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wonder if the irregular power curve up in the revs is a result of reed valve 'flutter' on the 6100.

screenshot_20200617-000155-jpg.246117

A change in reed material or thickness might change the curve.

I always wanted to see how a different set of reeds would affect the 6100. I suspect the factory may have found a particularly strong running set of reeds, but the reeds could have been too fragile for commercial sales and it would reflect poorly on the 6100s reliability.

If I ever get one of those puppies, I'd go with a bigger carb and thinner reeds with probably a lower reed stop.

EDIT: Was the 'limiter jet' in the carburetor's low speed circuit enlarged?
I’ll chime in on this one. Lol. Yes I missed the carb in this saw. You have to or they won’t run right when ported.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wouldn't a dyno have been cheaper, simpler, smaller with a friction brake or eddie current brake? Then rig up one of those simple cheap computers like Arduino or raspberry Pi for data recording/graphing.

Amazing thread btw.

The absorber is just 7" diameter 3" thick the a 16" arm

The stand/table is what takes up the room.

I didn't want all the trial/error in a complete custom setup/control. Wimped out and went with a store bought ready to run system. Just had to make a way to hook the saws up. Simple jackshaft, hooked to a saw chain.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm just a poor man who has too much to lose if the saws get "lost ." I have way too much to lose monetarily.
If someone wants to foot the bill both ways to get a saw to and from I'll consider...