Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
12:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you seen the graphs change from tune? That is one aspect I think everyone here can learn a lot from...takes out chain speed and looks at raw powah

Not much at all unless it was running out of fuel lean. Then it was a bit lower.

I think it may have something to do with actual peak power being made well under the free rpm setting.

Mostly just effects where the actual graph starts. Extra rich starts at a lower rpm.

I've tried +/- 500 and nothing really jumped out.

Just put a good work tune on them and run just like I would do testing in the wood.

showrguy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do not. @showrguy may know if its still in one piece.
Yes, it’s still in one peice, with a bent top handle..
I was withem when he pinched the saw, yanked it loose, then noticed the bent handle..
It has’nt seen a lot of wood in it’s short life..

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey joe have you thought of trying a saw stock, then doing additional mods to it and dynoing to see the gains in steps? It would be interesting to see stock... then the good ol “farmer jones” muffler mod/timing advance/BG delete... then porting/increasing compression further. I know this kinda stuff is time consuming but it is interesting to know.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What would be really cool too is to take some pos saw and keep raising the compression and see what point you start to loose or stop gaining power. If it doesn’t blow up first. Lol

Last edited: