farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
2:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd like to see these 2 options tested and see if there is any noticeable difference between the high-top and low-top
This would be interesting. I will say that I think the results would be close if both filters were new/clean. I imagine the HD filter would pull away a bit if they were both contaminated with debris. Fwiw, my jred 2165 put down over 8 ponies on the dyno with the smaller filter.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
3:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wonder if oem Vs am he filter makes a difference?

You guys sure do come up with lots of stuff for me... Lol

What are some of the more fun hybrid saws? I'll need some summer projects.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
066 ,056 mag hybrid.

I believe that was the first ported saw I ever ran ... Bret brought it to the Upstate NY GTG!

Of course, I knew I did not need a monster like that, but I knew I needed a ported saw!

When I purchased an 046 and it would not out run my 044, I sent it home with Bret and he cured that problem for me!

That was my first ported saw, and I marveled at how much faster it bucked up a large Red Oak that I dropped.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe that was the first ported saw I ever ran ... Bret brought it to the Upstate NY GTG!

Of course, I knew I did not need a monster like that, but I knew I needed a ported saw!

When I purchased an 046 and it would not out run my 044, I sent it home with Bret and he cured that problem for me!

That was my first ported saw, and I marveled at how much faster it bucked up a large Red Oak that I dropped.

Yeah I've seen very little of the 660/056mag monsters, so I thought it might be a cool one.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
12:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah I've seen very little of the 660/056mag monsters, so I thought it might be a cool one.

An old hotsaw guy - Ricky Hennessee - built one back in the day that guys said was hard to beat. He played around with different carburetors and timing on it.