Another chainsaw dyno...

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What about changing the units to kW? 5.2kW is much closer to the advertised power.

Dieselshawn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So the listed flywheel power on stihl website says 5.4 KW.

Both the 660 and 661 Saw made 3.878.

Driveline loss of 28 percent through the chain and spinning the shaft.

Maybe my chain is worn out from many dyno pulls.

The chain was worn out to begin with. We just cut the cutters off for safety.

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Need to put a known quantity on that dyno, a good running stock saw that's well broken in and is typically consistent from one unit to the next (like not a 660, lol) and calibrate to it by adjusting the scale or arm length.

Dieselshawn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Need to put a known quantity on that dyno, a good running stock saw that's well broken in and is typically consistent from one unit to the next (like not a 660, lol) and calibrate to it by adjusting the scale or arm length.

That’s what I’m attempting to do now.

I’ve only got my dyno in my garage for a couple weeks since getting it from a friend that I made it for.

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast, 288 collector
GoldMember
Local time
12:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Be interesting to compare the two of ya’s results on the different dynos with the same saw

Oh and we do have one more oil thread we need to do…and this is the perfect thread for it to spring from…which oil makes the most Powa! Maybe gas while we’re at it…pump vs. aspen vs trufuel er whatever

Dieselshawn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, the 661’s really are choked up saws.

I used the back piece of the muffler that has the baffle removed and a large hole through the factory opening that Mastermind did years ago.

I didn’t have a muffler cover or anything made for the front except I used the crushed cover from the injured saw’s original muffler.

I don’t have a pic yet due to the phone dying on me at the last minute. I will have that tomorrow.

The crushed cover left an open gap on top and a large gap on the recoil side.

1.5 hp increase and shifted the power band to 10,000 rpms from 9,000.

E17C1705-57E0-4B74-A65B-C8DA0C6E99CF.jpeg

As for noise, it’s pretty up there. My sound proofed garage had trouble keeping the noise level down.

This is at almost 10 pm in town with houses around me and I’m running modified saws on the dyno wide open. :D

The lady in my house came out to tell me to keep the noise down. :angryyell:

My mastermind 660 on the dyno to her in the house was “Ehhh, nothing much to bother anyone about.”

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a brand I don't hear much about. There is / was a dealer north of me in Newera I think it was. Didn't even pay attention last time I was in there.
There is still a place selling Efco down here in Marshall. I've almost bought one in green, yellow, and red but never sealed the deal.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is still a place selling Efco down here in Marshall. I've almost bought one in green, yellow, and red but never sealed the deal.

Not gonna lie. I was very happy to see the cylinder on this 52cc... I think with a few more tires it could be a real runner....

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Looks like as of 2013 their home owner stuff was assembled in China and the pro Made in Italy.