High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Another chainsaw dyno...

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Anyone wanna take a guess where my 880 is gonna end up on the dyno after porkchop takes a stab at it ?
11hp but that is hardly the real or whole story... its just one number among many that tell a complete story.

A peak number was not what you were looking for anyway :p

How's things going in the three rivers steeltown on stumps this week?

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I went from thisView attachment 279392View attachment 279395
To thisView attachment 279393View attachment 279394
Just so I could start it myself

The saw didn't lose any grunt, didn’t gain any either
You gain power from better flow and fresh charge filling in the chamber area that also reduces heat somewhat, less band area and slowed down the mps across the band.

You might have gained some durability overall and took a ton of pumping pressure away. The bearings will thank you.

Good move nice stuffs imo.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I allways encourage people to ask questions and make sure that they are going down the right rabbit hole, so I definitely don’t mind when someone asks me for a video of something that doesn’t fit the everyday norm.

I usually try to keep in mind that not everyone has the history that some of the seasoned members have here, and I’m allways learning, so I welcome the opportunity to put up another “non you-tube” video. Them executive you tube jackrabbits can go suck on a stump

I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone at the next Ct GTG ...........
Where’s Dan ???
@paragonbuilder
I'm ready now. My free hand cant cutting is improving ;)

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It's an art for sure, I work with a dude that has it down to a science, he's really good. It's a totally overlooked job, good rope guys can make a climber look good.
Please send me a good one, someday. Working with a pro crew last winter was sweet!

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Took me a while to remember how this thing works....

But I did some runs today, get familiar with the upgrades and see if the printer works from the shop (it does)

Thesandman

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
New to forum, hey all. Couple things, just got done reading 208 pages. I like the graphs especially with multiple runs or saws. Also why don't you match colors of curves from same saw and run? I only saw one 357, was that a stock saw? I would like to see the stock 60cc,s compared and the same ported. There is a lot of firewood cutters out there that only have a couple saws with the biggest being 60cc. at least around me. Great thread Joe. Looks like ya got it sorted now. Also someone asked what CT gtg stands for? I guess Connecticut saw competition. But gtg? Thanks

Last edited:

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
New to forum, hey all. Couple things, just got done reading 208 pages. I like the graphs especially with multiple runs or saws. Also why don't you match colors of curves from same saw and run? I only saw one 357, was that a stock saw? I would like to see the stock 60cc,s compared and the same ported. There is a lot of firewood cutters out there that only have a couple saws with the biggest being 60cc. at least around me. Great thread Joe. Looks like ya got it sorted now. Also someone asked what CT gtg stands for? I guess Connecticut saw competition. But gtg? Thanks
Welcome to the forum!
You’re correct about the Connecticut part. GTG just stands for get together. Mostly guys with saws eating good food, bs-ing, running saws, and some friendly competition. They’re always a good time.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

That sure was a lot of reading....

I honestly don't remember the 357.. I'll have to see. But it would have been on the old system anyway.

Thesandman

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only 357 I remember seeing was the one I ported for Tim
I have a 357 that I smoked one spring in March when I downed several big trees and it then went to 85* plus and I had to get them out. I put a Chinese 359 cylinder and slug in because I couldn't afford a husky 357 set. Now that needs ringed after 2 yrs of use. Trying to decide what way to go. Thanks for answers brothers. Joe, you rock Brother. The new tech dyno is awesome.

Thesandman

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was there a thread that was going to contain all the dyno runs that you couldn't post in being set up? Maybe by David Young?