Another chainsaw dyno...

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Install a bypass oil filter Joe. It will be even better.
Good to hear about some decent results.
You have the infamous pump rub issue?

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My lb7 made 296k before making oil.
40k on this set and still going.

But did have trans/t case at 200k and front end complete at 335k.

Will say the 10psi lost in oil pressure, this is prolly the cleanest diesel oil you will see. 5k and still clean.

I've rebuilt the trans with a stage 5 PPE kit and triple disk converter, fixed the transfer case with an aluminum pump housing and welded the holes shut that the previous owner had glued at around 190k when the trans went into limp mode pulling a boat. At that time I also rebuilt, ported and installed a Wetzel wheel in the turbo. I recently took off the PPE bleed valve and installed a BD waste gate actuator and PPE stainless downpipe, I should have done that when I did everything else but I tried to save a little money after the cost of the trans parts.

My oil always comes out really clean for a diesel, but it's starting to loose a little coolant once in a while and I see more carbon in the reservoir than I'd like. I suspect it lifts the head slightly when I hit 32 lbs of boost. Before the downpipe the EGT's could get wild in a hurry, now they only get semi uncomfortable. I probably should have done head studs along the way but I didn't want to spend $600 on studs.

I've also put half shafts, front wheel bearings, two sets of upper ball joints, lower ball joints, inner tie rods twice, outer tie rods, 2 idler arms, gearbox, steering mid shaft, steering column lower bushing, pitman arm, rear brakes twice, front brake once, new brake flex lines, rear brake hard lines, and 3 sets of tires in the 60k maybe 70k I've owned it.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OMG. That's crazy...
Way too much work and money put into that truck.
I have my pump rub plate waiting to go in. Just too lazy to do it.

I've found out the hard way which parts last and which ones don't. I won't be using many ACDelco parts from now on. I don't even drive it that hard but I suspect the wide tires cause some extra stress on the front end components, and Iowa winters with the DOT brining everything.

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anything to let more heat out and stop gritty exhaust from going back through the engine is a good thing.
Correct, someone here mentioned paying for a delete kit. I ordered one for my dad and we installed it ourselves, it was not hard just took a little time. A person could hear how much happier the engine was! Yes it has more power and is getting better milage but most of all it's just happier.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Correct, someone here mentioned paying for a delete kit. I ordered one for my dad and we installed it ourselves, it was not hard just took a little time. A person could hear how much happier the engine was! Yes it has more power and is getting better milage but most of all it's just happier.

Exactly. I know both my 6.7s were a lot better sounding with the Kits.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 282492

One type of graph/report.
I like this format. It shows the peek operation range for that motor. Was always something to strongly consider before making changes on most things... one at time. Nothing worse than a person who makes two changes and then claims this or that. Watched people do this for years never reaching the full potential available with slight single changes. 0.03 on anything up or down is worth noting when things are won and lost by 0.0x