huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
11:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I cut a lot of trees called stringy barks. Their bark makes for a really good tinder for starting fires and unfortunately and this dam 288 keeps igniting them. I need to change something on it to help stop this as well are coming into summer over here and I don't want to burn the place down.

I'm going to have to change the exhaust exit to the side or put really big spikes on it to keep it back off the bark. Otherwise it will have to stay home for the hotter months
Blowing it out on more of an angle should be all right. Just need to be mindful of the brake flag

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I cut a lot of trees called stringy barks. Their bark makes for a really good tinder for starting fires and unfortunately and this dam 288 keeps igniting them. I need to change something on it to help stop this as well are coming into summer over here and I don't want to burn the place down.

I'm going to have to change the exhaust exit to the side or put really big spikes on it to keep it back off the bark. Otherwise it will have to stay home for the hotter months
Try to find the original style 181/281/288 oem muffler
The g288 has the jungle style or whatever they call it.

Woodwackr

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 288 and a 281. The 88 looks like Dan’s pics. The 81 has 2 side holes as well as the front facing discharge similar to the 2nd pic from Czed. Both of mine are basically OE but opened up internally and have 1mm screen. They look stock from the outside :p neither have burned any bark.

Woodwackr

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My '95 288 has like a second smaller deflector in rhe mouth of the larger one, but facing the other direction from memory.
But it's buried to deep to check for pics.
Yes, that is how they came. Too restricted for me so changed it.