562xp's ticking time bomb

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
10:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Corey, to expand on Guillaume 's comment I think the belief held by many is that a newer more nimble 70cc class saw is needed/ coming.

Just putting a sexy silver clutch cover on it doesn't make it handle like a 562.

I think if you look at the answers to your request for demo saw ideas I would be surprised if there was a 576AT listed but lots of 562XP requests.

I had the chance to use the 576AT, and it's not a bad saw. Not at all. Strong and smooth. But damn, it's heavy, and not stronger enough than the 372XT. And even the 372XT isn't as good as the old one. My older coworker (58 YO) used these saws since Husky realesed the 1st 371XP. He was able to keep a 372XP for almost 7 years, and he used it all day long!!! Now, with the new 372XT, he has to replace his saw almost every year (crankshaft or crank bearings failure). He loved these saws, but I see his eyes shining when he hear my 562's howling through the wood way faster than every saw he ever used.

I bet this will be his next saw, but a 70cc 562... hell yes, he'll love it...and me too!

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
3:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bearing with integrated seal fails and scores the piston. On the early ones. Joe has told me a good deal about them and is very knowledgeable about the 562
My 550 did exactly that but I caught the leak before I scored the piston because these things will correct for a pretty good air leak

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 550 did exactly that but I caught the leak before I scored the piston because these things will correct for a pretty good air leak

Was this the 550 you won in the raffle last year? Sorry to hear that.

Edit: That's the problem with these AT or MT saws. I fix almost every saw from all my logger's firnds, but I hate to work on these new saws. I think I'll build the AT software, because it's a PITA to find issues on these saws.

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was this the 550 you won in the raffle last year? Sorry to hear that.

Edit: That's the problem with these AT or MT saws. I fix almost every saw from all my logger's firnds, but I hate to work on these new saws. I think I'll build the AT software, because it's a PITA to find issues on these saws.
Yes sir. I found the leak and ordered the seal from Spike and got her put in but there was a problem in the carb. Sent it to Lil Red Barn where the saw came from but they spent 2 months on it and never figured it out so I traded them for my current 562xp that Ive ported and had 0 issues with. Runnin Red Armor @ 40TO1 with 93 efree

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes sir. I found the leak and ordered the seal from Spike and got her put in but there was a problem in the carb. Sent it to Lil Red Barn where the saw came from but they spent 2 months on it and never figured it out do I traded them for my current 562xp that Ive ported and had 0 issues with. Runnin Red Armor @ 40TO1 with 93 efree

Glad to hear that. 550 is a great saw, but a ported 562 is in another level. Who ported it?

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Corey, to expand on Guillaume 's comment I think the belief held by many is that a newer more nimble 70cc class saw is needed/ coming.

Just putting a sexy silver clutch cover on it doesn't make it handle like a 562.

I think if you look at the answers to your request for demo saw ideas I would be surprised if there was a 576AT listed but lots of 562XP requests.
only one suggestion for a 562. more for the 576.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
only one suggestion for a 562. more for the 576.

This thread was the one I referred too http://opeforum.com/threads/help-me-pick-a-demo-modle.6732/

Two people specifically said not the 576. Mike Lee suggested 390 and 562, 7 people agreed enough to like it. One agreed enough that he posted "Perfect 2 saw plan" right after. I would count that as 8 votes for the 562 and a -2 for the 576 (unless you count your vote as a yes then only -1).

I am not trying to be a dick here, I just think that any serious Husqvarna dealer with demos needs to have a 562. It is the only Husky I own or am interested in owning. That being said I don't have enough run time on saws myself to offer advice from personal experience but I sure can evaluate the opinions of others and know which guys opinions I trust.

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This thread was the one I referred too http://opeforum.com/threads/help-me-pick-a-demo-modle.6732/

Two people specifically said not the 576. Mike Lee suggested 390 and 562, 7 people agreed enough to like it. One agreed enough that he posted "Perfect 2 saw plan" right after. I would count that as 8 votes for the 562 and a -2 for the 576 (unless you count your vote as a yes then only -1).

I am not trying to be a dick here, I just think that any serious Husqvarna dealer with demos needs to have a 562. It is the only Husky I own or am interested in owning. That being said I don't have enough run time on saws myself to offer advice from personal experience but I sure can evaluate the opinions of others and know which guys opinions I trust.
I carry them and even have a 562xpg . I just want to be able to provide the best service I can. it is not an easy market to build. Sorry I was not looking at the likes I was only looking at comments people actually wrote. I like a lot of mdavlee comments just because he is awesome. I thought everyone did that.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I carry them and even have a 562xpg . I just want to be able to provide the best service I can. it is not an easy market to build. Sorry I was not looking at the likes I was only looking at comments people actually wrote. I like a lot of mdavlee comments just because he is awesome. I thought everyone did that.

If you stock the G you are better than the guys around here and we are snow bound 5 plus months a year. I bet if you / they had a G model demo they would sell a lot more...

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:06 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My 555 is smaller than my 2 MS261 saws. The 5 series are well balanced, light, nimble, high revving, fast spooling saws that feel 'right' in pro users hands. Sure they have some minor faults and could be improved but compared to many other saws in the same classes I ain't gonna complain too much.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
4:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you're going after the pro and big time firewood guys a 562 and 390 makes sense. A 390 can do some stumping for the tree service or run a 32-36" for a logging outfit cutting big stuff. 562 can fill in with a 20-24 for smaller stuff

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you're going after the pro and big time firewood guys a 562 and 390 makes sense. A 390 can do some stumping for the tree service or run a 32-36" for a logging outfit cutting big stuff. 562 can fill in with a 20-24 for smaller stuff
Hey! Thats the setup I have!:D:)

Dolmar Junkie

Not interested in rehab, just more Saws...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Husky vs Stihl :tiburon: stay tuned.
And they are neck and neck coming around the last corner,
But wait what's this? It's Dolmar coming around the outside, their 3 wide coming into the straight, and Dolmar is decisively pulling ahead! It's, it's DOLMAR For The Win!!! That's right Dolmar FTW!!

Chainsaw Jim

Con Artist LLC
Local time
1:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hearing about a run of bad luck like this makes me start to wonder if there's some bad fuel coming from the station.