562xp's ticking time bomb

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm already running a 575 carb on my 450, works great - up from 11mm to 13.5mm.

The steel cage bearing issue looks like a bugger to source. However, I've spent time looking though heaps of bearing catalogues in the past, and there is probably some bearing out there that could be utilized. Perhaps with a sleeve sweated onto the outside of the bearing, I don't know, but this Husky propriety bearing issue is just BS in my opinion.

If I sent you the postage, do you think you could drop one of those carcasses in the mail?

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:32 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I can't see anything really working. But.....I also don't see it as a big deal either. Takes about an hour to change a bearing, and they ain't that expensive.....
Are you upgrading to the 560 bearing that seems to be the latest IPL change . The 560 and the 562 didnt have same part number historically from what i "Think "i can see .

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
10:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm already running a 575 carb on my 450, works great - up from 11mm to 13.5mm.

The steel cage bearing issue looks like a bugger to source. However, I've spent time looking though heaps of bearing catalogues in the past, and there is probably some bearing out there that could be utilized. Perhaps with a sleeve sweated onto the outside of the bearing, I don't know, but this Husky propriety bearing issue is just BS in my opinion.

If I sent you the postage, do you think you could drop one of those carcasses in the mail?

Yep. Give me a day or two to box one up.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you upgrading to the 560 bearing that seems to be the latest IPL change . The 560 and the 562 didnt have same part number number historically from what i "Think "i can see .

I just call Spike60 and have parts sent......he's the dealer I get most of my Husky parts from.

Fullkip

Timber Faller/Saw Porter/Hunting Guide
Local time
8:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A 562 with steel bearing cages and a non auto tune 575/576 carb would take a ported one to a whole new level. Has anyone done this yet? Will a 575 ignition fit? Sorry about getting a little side tracked...
Have I had a 562 grenade no, but I have had them loose the pto side bearing cage witch will cause an air leak. They will try to adjust and keep running until the air leak gets worse. In bad cases the cage falls apart and lets the bearings bunch together witch will cause enough play on the crank to let the piston touch the squish band. This is when you can feel it, it's a weird vibration, it will come and go. If you ever feel it shut her down...
For me doing a bearing job takes at least 2 hours if not more. My cleanup is slow I guess , getting the caked on bark dust pitch bar oil mix off is a chore.

Fullskip

rocco490

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The 562xp is an awesome saw. It's my favorite 60cc saw and I use it more than any other saw I have. I think these issues have been blown out of per portion. Yes some have had issues and or failures but a whole lot of people have been very happy with this saw

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just repaired one that had a bad PTO bearing and clutch drum bearing. It only has a few hour on it......but I bet you a dull chain killed it.
I'm still running the same 562 I got a few years back.
Yes, sharp chain, damn little heat.
No idea how many hours on it. I should have it plugged in to see.
And yes, I run 40:1 cheapest *s-word I can find.

rocco490

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
interesting I never messed with a 555 can anyone chime in with exactly what the differences are between a 555 and a 562?

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
8:32 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Saw a video that claims the ring keeper pin is killing a lot of 562s.

That issue did wreck a lot of engines. It was a small run of pistons I think made in late 2011 but the company never said where they were made. I was at Saw-King's shop just after he made the video and we talked a lot about it.