440/460 Hybrid

PA Dan

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya that's what I did on mine also. I'll have to look into it a little deeper.

Last edited:

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got the clutch spun on.

Remember me saying something about the paint on the oil mount surface causing an issue? This is when you find out!
With the clutch spider spun on the crank, the oiler arm/spring will not move........when it should spin freely

Adirondackstihl

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Farmertec coil.
Wiring harness that came with the coil was obviously for a clamshell so I had to repair the used OEM harness that was supplied and use that. The spade was busted off but we can fix that ;)

The ignition lead needed to be shortened by approx 2" and probably could have taken off another 0.75". I think the coil was intended for a 290/310/390.

Adirondackstihl

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You don't put the break band in before the clutch???
Mike, I knew I was going to have fitment issues with the worm gear because of the powder coated oiler mount surface. And I knew I was gonna need to do something about it and didn't need the brake band in the way.
In this pic I had simply spun the spider on to verify my assumptions

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got the clutch spun on.

Remember me saying something about the paint on the oil mount surface causing an issue? This is when you find out!
With the clutch spider spun on the crank, the oiler arm/spring will not move........when it should spin freely

The last powdered case had that in this area. I used my Dremel with a wire brush and removed it. Worked fine. Is that an OEM clutch or one from across the pond? The reason I ask is I bought a clutch for a smaller saw and when I spun it on yesterday there is certainly something awry -- it wobbled going on like a rim with one lug nut on . Needless to say it came off immediately.