Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd like to swap out the (2) plastic brake covers on my 044.
I think I sent along the nicest ones I had in the hoard and they were pretty beat up and yellow for the Hybrid, I may have to get some from my dealer that saw looks so dang nice it seems a shame knowing the dingy covers are hiding under there, I will let you know if the dealer uses any lube on me when I order them.
I cant imagine it will be too long before they pop up from Farmertec.
Dave

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I sent along the nicest ones I had in the hoard and they were pretty beat up and yellow for the Hybrid, I may have to get some from my dealer that saw looks so dang nice it seems a shame knowing the dingy covers are hiding under there, I will let you know if the dealer uses any lube on me when I order them.
I cant imagine it will be too long before they pop up from Farmertec.
Dave

I could have @Cobby08 order me a new set.
But this is a case where'd I'd like to see an AM option & I don't say that very often

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Love the hybrid. I'm getting all antsy about doing one and stuff now. Looks to me like I just need to line you up -- are you parking in the space where the "saw builders" are on the site now mang? :coti:

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
plug-in-hybrid-car-625x415-c.jpg
Damn it..... Don't we have a mod around here to keep this off topic stuff in the right thread!?

:patadaenwevs:

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I could have @Cobby08 order me a new set.
But this is a case where'd I'd like to see an AM option & I don't say that very often
yep I agree, it is just a piece of plastic to keep sawdust and oil out of an area where they could interfere with the moving parts, but I have seen covers with holes burnt through them and the brake still worked
the difference in retail price between OEM and AM will likely be $38 vs. $5 so I keep waiting with my fingers crossed

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
yep I agree, it is just a piece of plastic to keep sawdust and oil out of an area where they could interfere with the moving parts, but I have seen covers with holes burnt through them and the brake still worked
the difference in retail price between OEM and AM will likely be $38 vs. $5 so I keep waiting with my fingers crossed
An AM version of this piece would be nice. I have some with burned edges also. But if yours isn't burned or cracked, this piece is probably one of the first to turn yellow anyway with all the bar oil and heat associated with its location, no?

Gritz

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Beautiful saw! Looks like its hit or miss on the aftermarket stuff. The coil I got like that had a little longer lead on it too, but that's no big deal. Nice work!