PAST Twin cities gtg 12-2-23

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
5:57 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok guys gayron said we need to get started on planning the gtg for this year. Date has been set for Saturday December 2nd. Same location as last year. Hopefully the weather is a little better this time around for the traveling. More info to come as we get more in depth with planning. We did get some nice oak logs earlier this year.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok guys gayron said we need to get started on planning the gtg for this year. Date has been set for Saturday December 2nd. Same location as last year. Hopefully the weather is a little better this time around for the traveling. More info to come as we get more in depth with planning. We did get some nice oak logs earlier this year.
I’m in

Cheato

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are Viking loving former Iron Rangers allowed to join?

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guess we are going to be taking down about 30 ash trees this Saturday so there will be even more logs then last year. Hoping we can get more of the bigger stuff knocked down for ease of picking up or having some smaller logs. Been a real busy summer for the farm but hopefully gayron and I can get going on things soon. Dave got his new shed put up then got hailed out not long after. Also trying to find a splitter with a log lift to buy or even rent for the day. Gayron did a repower his old splitter from last year so it shouldn’t leave us down a splitter thing year. Trying to come up with some raffle items for this year as well.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'm thinking of making it this year. Initially penciled in on my calendar.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@stihl livin if you and gayron need an extra log spliter, I could bring mine up. It runs good! I bring it to Steve's every year.
Thanks Brad. I’ll let you know. The one we were trying to get sold before my contact could look at it. It was a nice splitter with a lift. The log lift is the biggest piece we feel is needed since the logs we get are much larger then a person can lift. Something will pop up I’m sure but I’ll be in touch when the time comes.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is some stuff that is 36” plus. Had a guy with an 084 last year that was playing in a very large round. Still plenty of stuff for a saw that size.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Brad. I’ll let you know. The one we were trying to get sold before my contact could look at it. It was a nice splitter with a lift. The log lift is the biggest piece we feel is needed since the logs we get are much larger then a person can lift. Something will pop up I’m sure but I’ll be in touch when the time comes.
Type log splitter log lift into the YouTube search and you will find all kinds of cheap and easy log lifts added to splitters. Most use the motion of the splitting cylinder to work the lift. About as many ways to do it as your imagination and what you can find laying around the farm I would suspect.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Type log splitter log lift into the YouTube search and you will find all kinds of cheap and easy log lifts added to splitters. Most use the motion of the splitting cylinder to work the lift. About as many ways to do it as your imagination and what you can find laying around the farm I would suspect.
Thanks Steve.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Steve.
You could also do like I did to the back of old hop and skip and put a truck bed crane on to lift your logs. Some now are receiver hitch mounted so all that would be needed is to mount a hitch and plug the crane in, along with a set of log tongs and you're in business. Can be used in the back of a strategically placed pickup truck one would think as well for even less work. Add a half or ton winch for even fasterer operation.