Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't blame you. I was thinking who's going to upload any videos I take, and how do I get them to them. Text doesn't carry much, neither does email in a modern world where 1000 gigabytes fits in a chip the size of that little PM letter icon at the top of the page.

I just bought a 512Gb micro SD card for my old phone. $32

I still have an old hard drive that only holds 2Gb from 1995
My wife and I had a custom computer built when she was in college what seems like a hundred years ago. Two hard drives. It had almost one gig. Well over 1 grand.

Crocky28

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Love picture 16. Glad you got a pic of it. @Crocky28 your saw is really nice to use! It will be at the next GTG too so hopefully more people get to run it.
I think its really cool that a saw I've done here in Scotland made it to a GTG over there. Thanks for taking it.

Now I just need to make it over to one!

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
New GTG thread. Let's plan ahead.

exCanuck

FartKnockerForum System Admin
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dont have a YT account.
I wish this forum supported more embedded video sources, and could host some mp4 uploads. Just 1Tb of storage could hold like 25,000 40Mb saw videos.
Sorry about your predicament, but a 40MB video would be only about 20 seconds long. When folks upload a 30 minute video we would not only exceed our very expensive storage limit very soon, we'd also slow down the forum in a grotesque way.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I understand. Thanks for considering it. I don't know much about website speed stuff, but my thinking was coming from what I've seen at another xenforo forum.

You know the saying "you have to be smarter than the tool". Saw videos don't need to be full screen 1080p, and they probably are not often watched at 1080p anyway. Keeping that in mind, and not wanting to overburden this other forum, though nobody has complained to me, I record or resize my videos to anywhere from 144p-720p depending on how long they are and how much resolution is needed. It's a quick easy option to change the recording size on a phone camera. Then I just keep the video short.

A saw video doesn't need to be 30min. Most are probably 20sec to 2min. Usually I do fine on this other forum, but occasionally the forum doesn't accept an upload because it is bigger than their set 20.4Mb limit for mp4. I figured if the limit was set at 40Mb, that would allow for 5min @ 240p, up to 2min @480p, and up to 30sec @720p. Then, considering how cheap storage has become (not that forum maintenance isn't expensive already) I considered how long would it take to fill up 1Tb with five 40Mb saw videos per day: over 13 years if my math is right.