High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

PAST 2018 spring CT GTG, April 7

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
9:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
LMAO. This is fuggin awesome. I do have a secret stash of some 026s I picked up. I buy the purty ones. Low use. They come with all their screws! And run very well. I am not a good mechanic because they don't break and I am always running them!!!! Making some money with them, working them cutting real trees. LMAO
OK, by now I know I have really pissed some guys off. I am sorry for that. (Not really) [emoji23]
But this is all in good fun. I respect all you guys, even if you run Hooskies, Dollys, Dolkitas, Johnyreds, etc. @LeeH is in another league or 2 up from me so I do not even attempt to go there. Lol
Thank you for your generous sales on the bars Bob. Greatly appreciated. And for the mobile parts delivery service, that is parts for my only Hooskie. Lol
And Kevin, ask Jason, I did beat him a few times, and he beat me a few times. Everyone wants to race me for some reason. Lol. My saws work, not race. [emoji106]
The cants were side dependant on determining who won or lost. Lol one side was knotty and bigger than the other. [emoji14]

In closing. Please realize that I joke almost as much as Angelo. So that puts me at 135%. Angelo is at 150%. Lol

This really is a cool brotherhood we have. Takes your mind off of the every day grind of life.
BUT I still think about my Stihl's daily. LMAO !!!!

Woah....whats this 135% stuff ?
Last time I was checked I was maybe 123-124 % joking. After much porting (lowered my exhaust) and timing adjustments I was down to 116-118% joking. I've worked so hard to be serious and now I'm hurted by you... :[

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Every time I fire off that Echo it puts a smile on my face. It's a real hoot to run.
It almost reminds me of a modern day 090 or a big mac. Quite a experience to run it. Thanks Lee. Your saws are the highlite of the gtg’s for me. That custom 70cc dolmar was fun too.

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Woah....whats this 135% stuff ?
Last time I was checked I was maybe 123-124 % joking. After much porting (lowered my exhaust) and timing adjustments I was down to 116-118% joking. I've worked so hard to be serious and now I'm hurted by you... :[
Come on now. Come COCO. LOL

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I plan on making the next ct gtg. And I will bring my son next time. He’d love it and fall right in the fold. I had a blast. Thank you to all ecspecially Dan for hosting!

There were some rediculous saws there.

I’ll bring that oe 346. but think I’ll have to bring something a little stronger if I’m going to keep up with you on the other end of the cant. Let’s see what I can come up with.

You still want some other tops to play with?

Curious how a 242XP spinning 15,500 would do in those 8" cants vs the 50cc saws. But there's always a saw or two that you wish you thought to bring.

We all need a van like that rig Lee was driving. :)

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

@Spike60

2150 had a ported 44.3 top on it

Gave it to my nephew he makes firewood with it now.

Bob You were about 5 feet from this 242. It had a 42 special top cover. I made it special with a 242 top no gasket. Some port tickling and ignition timing.

They are fairly close.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The cants were side dependant on determining who won or lost. Lol one side was knotty and bigger than the other. [emoji14]
Yes we freehand milled the cants and did the “run what you brung thing”. We didn’t use off the roll chain or anything. So the racing was all fun, but pretty meaningless as far as which saw is stronger.
But who cares! We had a blast!

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes we freehand milled the cants and did the “run what you brung thing”. We didn’t use off the roll chain or anything. So the racing was all fun, but pretty meaningless as far as which saw is stronger.
Yeah I really liked how the racing went lots of action and even more smiles

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
6:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Curious how a 242XP spinning 15,500 would do in those 8" cants vs the 50cc saws. But there's always a saw or two that you wish you thought to bring.

We all need a van like that rig Lee was driving. :)

You might see that van again in NY if the owner doesn't need it. I had 17
saws in there with still a bit of room for a few more.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's why heads up racing is fun... it ain't all about the saw

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most everyone did 2 races, one from each side

It was a blast !!!

That’s what’s great about the CT gtg ....... everyone has a fun time and we all laugh and joke around. You’d better be on your A game with Jeff, Dan, Angelo, Jack, John ........ the bowl breaking was just hilarious !!

Most of the time, you didn’t see it coming