High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

2017 MMWS GTG Box Saw Build Off Rules

X 66 stang347 X

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Just go stage 3. Anyone else runnin nos and a pipe? Might inject it this way or through the reed block.
6519b9a7acc26b014f537170b6238a88.jpg

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
12:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So just to be clear @Mastermind , we have to use the wrist pin bearing included with the kit?

In all classes.

The wrist pin bearing can be from any manufacturer.

In all but class three.

The wrist pin must be an aftermarket part.....and should be original to the top end kit that is used.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In all classes.

The wrist pin bearing can be from any manufacturer.

In all but class three.

The wrist pin must be an aftermarket part.....and should be original to the top end kit that is used.

Rules...
I love rules...
Grey is my favorite color! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@huskihl
Kevin did you use the bearing in the box?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. But only because that's all I had. It's getting replaced with oem when it comes back apart for porting. I don't see where changing out a known source of catastrophic failure, yet doesn't add to performance, should be a big deal.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep. But only because that's all I had. It's getting replaced with oem when it comes back apart for porting. I don't see where changing out a known source of catastrophic failure, yet doesn't add to performance, should be a big deal.

Exactly.

The pin weight can be performance enhancing, and won't cause failure.

That is why I wanted to see it retained. The bearing won't change performance, but can cause failure......so.....

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya mean like this....

62bdf206f3b242235b0fccf97badaf32.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My white box (farmertek?) cylinder has minimal squish without the gasket, also a bit of 'reverse squish', .017" by the cylinder wall and .013" in towards the combustion chamber.

If someone were to fix/flatten the defect/hump on the squish band would that disqualify it for class 1?

The complications begin, lol...

EvilRoySlade

What’s my line?
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My white box (farmertek?) cylinder has minimal squish without the gasket, also a bit of 'reverse squish', .017" by the cylinder wall and .013" in towards the combustion chamber.

If someone were to fix/flatten the defect/hump on the squish band would that disqualify it for class 1?

The complications begin, lol...
Mostly I would say no disqualification unless you spank everyone easily. But the original idea of class 1 was as close the out of the box as most people would get. Now maybe if you prove that you flattened it without a lathe or mandrel/cutter, something like sticky sandpaper on the piston.
I know I'm going to be honest and I'll assume everyone else is too, it seems more fun that way. Realistically we all are going to end up doing some defect cleanup here and there, after all we do want them to stay running.