Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
4:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like I'm back in this one boys. @paragonbuilder looks like you won't be in last place

The first place finisher is going to be a lonely place, the quest for last however will be a very large field and decided by the narrowest of margins. See you there. Lol

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just got mine, box has a couple substantially smashed in corners but no damage to parts.
Preliminary inspection, all the larger parts unbagged, looks pretty good.
Hardware/fasteners are all labeled but nothing else.
Big end on the crank is ever so slightly crunchy, hopefully just a bit of crud in it.
White box cylinder ok but for a huge burr cluster in the corner of one lower trans, just like on one of my previous cross cylinders. Easy cleanup.
Looks like I got one of the good cross cylinders this time, only obvious issue is the exhaust floor bevel is filled in with plating. Also an easy cleanup.
Have heard complaints about the china oil pumps but this one looks/feels fine.

I'll likely put this one together with everything it came with but the piston pin bearing and clips. (Edit; not the decomp or sparkplug either).

Will be a treat to build a saw with all nice clean new parts, might just do it on the coffee table...

Last edited:

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just got mine, box has a couple substantially smashed in corners but no damage to parts.
Preliminary inspection, all the larger parts unbagged, looks pretty good.
Hardware/fasteners are all labeled but nothing else.
Big end on the crank is ever so slightly crunchy, hopefully just a bit of crud in it.
White box cylinder ok but for a huge burr cluster in the corner of one lower trans, just like on one of my previous cross cylinders. Easy cleanup.
Looks like I got one of the good cross cylinders this time, only obvious issue is the exhaust floor bevel is filled in with plating. Also an easy cleanup.
Have heard complaints about the china oil pumps but this one looks/feels fine.

I'll likely put this one together with everything it came with but the piston pin bearing and clips.

Will be a treat to build a saw with all nice clean new parts, might just do it on the coffee table...

I was just thinking I can do this one in the house myself!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
4:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I was a bit concerned with the "Do Not Drop" labels I see in the pictures of the boxes, as surely somebody somewhere is going to take that as a challenge. Hopefully most heed the warning.