200T Video & Seal Thread

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Steve, good call on the ported saw being slower! I guess I won't be touching the one I'm rebuilding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ok, this is how I interpret this.... The 2nd saw did feel more torquey than stock, I do attribute that to the coke gasket... more compression....and it had very fresh rings (oem used piston). the ported saw did put up a 22 sec run, so it went from 31 seconds down to 22...within a few runs.... now. it didn't feel as torquey as the others. two things I read into this...#1, the china carb is running fine w/ the others, #2, the porting work probably isn't worth it. I don't think there is anything wrong w/ the china carb, it seems to be fine ...(bought from HL supply btw) ... I attribute its lack of torque to the raising of the transfers OR to it not being broken in. these are some of the first cuts on fresh rebuilds. (2nd saw was in my other vid ...but still it only made a few cuts total).

though the huskys are slower, they did feel more torquey. Even though the chains were similar, it was BRANDY NEW chains on the 200t's. they had never cut anything. the huskys were not as smooth, but they did feel like if it was a fairer fight they would have been a lot closer.

i'm not an expert on all this guys, just reporting my findings after taking a fresh look at these saws.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Paragon, do the coke gasket thing. I think if you go full delete its too tight. Get a can of soda, cut out a gaskets in the same size as original. I think it does make a difference, albeit small.

but I do agree. I ain't doing port work on these... seems silly

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ok, this is how I interpret this.... The 2nd saw did feel more torquey than stock, I do attribute that to the coke gasket... more compression....and it had very fresh rings (oem used piston). the ported saw did put up a 22 sec run, so it went from 31 seconds down to 22...within a few runs.... now. it didn't feel as torquey as the others. two things I read into this...#1, the china carb is running fine w/ the others, #2, the porting work probably isn't worth it. I don't think there is anything wrong w/ the china carb, it seems to be fine ...(bought from HL supply btw) ... I attribute its lack of torque to the raising of the transfers OR to it not being broken in. these are some of the first cuts on fresh rebuilds. (2nd saw was in my other vid ...but still it only made a few cuts total).

though the huskys are slower, they did feel more torquey. Even though the chains were similar, it was BRANDY NEW chains on the 200t's. they had never cut anything. the huskys were not as smooth, but they did feel like if it was a fairer fight they would have been a lot closer.

i'm not an expert on all this guys, just reporting my findings after taking a fresh look at these saws.
Matt it would be cool if you could swap the stock and ported saws carbs it would tell us for sure if the China carb is the issue.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No way the China Carbs are as good as the OEM China made carbs, I dont see the attention to detail and quality consistency there. Definitive Dave said he is getting or has a new batch maybe these will be better they come from the source directly I understand.
still not as good, acceptable for rebuilding a decent runner, but not as good and no accelerator pump so you lose that instant blip to full power

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Paragon, do the coke gasket thing. I think if you go full delete its too tight. Get a can of soda, cut out a gaskets in the same size as original. I think it does make a difference, albeit small.

I'll delete the gasket and sand the squish back to a safe number. It's been working pretty good for me.

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

What squish you running?
still not as good, acceptable for rebuilding a decent runner, but not as good and no accelerator pump so you lose that instant blip to full power
I aint all that much impressed with accelerator pumps i dont know if it matters in the real world.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
the first 2 have accel pump delete, 3rd is china carb

Lone Wolf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
why the coke can the stock gasket is thicker? What squish you end up with?

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
squish on my decked saw came out around .022 ... on the coke gasket about .025 or so.....though it should have ended up tighter, not sure what happened. anyway, both the decked saw and coke gasket are 160-165 ish psi.

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
saw #2 was 150 ..... after new rings and coke gasket was 160+ ...so 10 lb but who knows how much is tight squish vs rings.