NateSaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
10:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So it's probably been about 10 tanks through the Ole ohh too sicks since installing @drf256 's piston and cylinder. This saw has been working hard at my day job, for the Maryland park service, and for myself. The ring has seated well. It starts consistently, idles perfectly and well, for a 50cc saw, it rips. Especially for having a 20" bar. I'm tickled to death with it, and y'all redneck engineers got me here. Thought it was time for a check up, and some maintenance.... 20230429_131618.jpg
My beautiful, wild wife approves. Her skepticism about the bigger bar, and well, the many weekends this saw sucked away from us as I obsessed over getting it where I wanted, were washed away yesterday as she ran it effortlessly all day. She even loves its "bark".... However....

NateSaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
AL told me to install an oem decomp... I thought "I'll get around to it..." well this little sprite broke in the rest of the way yesterday and Jenny and I had to hurt ourselves to fight past the compression to start it... So this morning... 20230430_060347.jpg

NateSaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In clearing downed trees in the ncr trail yesterday, we saved the best for last. I didn't take pictures because Jenny and I were very busy managing swamping out a run for some rope so we could rig out the tree. Also, as per usual, we had to manage the many geniuses that wanted to pass her work truck on the side with the rope that was under tension. I digress. Here's the situation. Long set of steps leading down to rivers edge with two trees down across both railings. We can't just limb out/buck the trees into the water because that would be the *a-hole thing to do causing a damn up down river. So... We had to use my eye sling, and her truck to rope the chunks up the steep embankment and stack for chipping along the trail side for a later date. Needless to say, as I was at the bottom of the steps standing in water making the cuts and tying the rope, my hands were full and the ohh too sicks did alot of idling between cuts. The surface of the water started looking like the gd exxon Valdez had run aground 3 feet from the edge... So... This needed to happen too...

Attachments

• 20230430_060726.jpg
    20230430_060726.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 2