would YOU buy a new 562xp?

Scotts_4x

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn't feel like posting in that one for some reason - even though I didn't read much of it....

yeah, it really has just become a pissing match. I've not been around for a long time, but long enough to know there are certain people who like certain saws. those people will seemingly go to the ends of the earth to defend those saws no matter if they're right or wrong. I generally throw those opinions out when making a decision on something. the thoughts and opinions here have been really helpful, thanks folks, carry on.

-scott

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
yeah, it really has just become a pissing match. I've not been around for a long time, but long enough to know there are certain people who like certain saws. those people will seemingly go to the ends of the earth to defend those saws no matter if they're right or wrong. I generally throw those opinions out when making a decision on something. the thoughts and opinions here have been really helpful, thanks folks, carry on.

-scott

Its scary people have that kinda of allegiance and time to devote to a chainsaw brand..i wish i did.

I dont care what anybody does with their money..its not mine lol

Last edited:

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
6:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

-scott
I dont care so much about brand, quality dealer is the most important part after my opinion.
My first pro saw was Stihl, I would probleby continue to bought them if it wasnt that Stihl dealers around here sucks.
It's why I ended up with JRed/Huskies, dealer close to me are updated and the know how to work with AT also, they also go on several courses each year

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have no brand allegiance besides for the fact you couldn't give me a Dolmar based on past history.
Autotune and Mtronic are not well understood by the average saw cull, but there are a great advancement given most guys can't grasp how to properly tune a carb.
The 562 is a steller performer. I has a huge 372 fan for many years, but honestly I would pick the 562 over the 372 any day now.

Last edited:

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
11:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have no brand allegiance besides for the fact you couldn't give me a Dolmar based on past history.
Autotune and Mtronic are not well understood by the average saw cull, but there are a great advancement given most guys can't grasp how to properly tune a carb.
The 562 is a steller performer. I has a huge 372 fan for many years, but honestly I would pick the 562 over the 372 any day now.
I've never ran a 372 I liked,I love the 562's I've ran

sunfish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've never ran a 372 I liked,I love the 562's I've ran
I had a 75cc ported one that is an animal, but sold it after running a stock 562 for a year. Kinda miss that beast though.

rburg

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought my 562 as a never fueled ph for $500. I really like using it. I have cut up to some 24" diameter white oak and it does just fine. It is still stock and it will probably stay that way. I still like using my 2171 and 2165, but as I get older the weight of the 562 gets nicer.