Fishnuts2

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've run a stock 562 and have a 359 from Alan's shop. I can't think of a saw that I'd prefer more over an Awol 562. AT is not an issue for me. I've had a 2252 with AT and it ran so much better than saws of my tuning, and taught me what a properly tuned saw sounds and runs like.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
2:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I felt my 2253WH woke up alot after I did full MM, and would think 562 get the same gain.
Easy gain with little effort.
The biggest win case in my view is how ergonomic they are and how great their AV system work, in my age those things mather, 562XPG is the only saw I would like to buy nowadays

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
ive got my heart set on a 562xp, but with all the problems you see on Internet forums, would you go out and buy a new one? is it just a case of people not bragging how great theirs has been but as soon as someone has a problem they post it? squeaky wheel syndrome? or is there really that much of a problem with this saw to take a pass and buy something else? please discuss.

-scott

If you disregard the issues with the EL-46 carbs and the operator errors, there haven't been much trouble with that model. Most of them have performed well all their "life", without any issues.

It takes very little before people complain on a forum about what is regarded as the "top dog" in the class, and they often do so before they have done any sort of diagnosis of their issue.
Often it comes down to a simple operator error, by not following the starting procedure described in the manual (it is slightly different from on most older saws, and many other current ones), or running in the saw in the wrong way - but the heading about an issue doesn't go away, even though the "issue" was the operator.

The only reason I don't have a 562xpg is that the 560xpg is available here.

Last edited:

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
7:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
If you disregard the issues with the EL-46 carbs and the operator errors, there haven't been much trouble with that model. Most of them have performed well all their "life", without any issues.

It takes very little before people complain on a forum about what is regarded as the "top dog" in the class, and they often do so before they have done any sort of diagnosis of their issue.
Often it comes down to a simple operator error, by not following the starting procedure described in the manual (it is slightly different from on most older saws, and many other current ones), or running in the saw in the wrong way - but the heading about an issue doesn't go away, even though the "issue" was the operator.

It is hard to swallow that. It is the most problematic newer saw according to all the threads. I understand that people complain but you don't see any my stihl 362 won't start threads and they sell a lot more of those then 562's and if it is that complicated to start that people can't figure it out then it is not easier and no benefit to the AT. let's keep it real ST there have been many people with real problems begging for any help with their premium priced saw. I have even seen people have to ship their 562 across the country to site sponsors to try and get someone who could fix it and even acknowledge it was a warranty problem because to many people think like you and automatically blam the operator and it could never be this amazing premium saw. Let's keep it real and call a spade a spade. People who don't have a problematic 562 love them. However there are still some saws that have problems. Maybe they are all made Monday morning or Friday afternoon.

Idahonative

O.P.E.f.o.r.u.m. Mutt
Local time
6:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score

Andre (Andyshine77) has a new one and describes having to pull it 6-10 times (after it's been running) to start it. He stated that he "can't in good faith recommend the saw". He does like the way it runs but doesn't have full confidence in the model yet. Maybe he isn't following the manual. But I doubt it since he is very experienced with chainsaws. His opinions hold a fair amount of weight since he is known to be non-biased and honest.

Personally, if I had ANY saw that took 6-10 pulls (after warm) to get started, I'd throw the POS in the trash.

Last edited:

Idahonative

O.P.E.f.o.r.u.m. Mutt
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It is hard to swallow that. It is the most problematic newer saw according to all the threads. I understand that people complain but you don't see any my stihl 362 won't start threads and they sell a lot more of those then 562's and if it is that complicated to start that people can't figure it out then it is not easier and no benefit to the AT. let's keep it real ST there have been many people with real problems begging for any help with their premium priced saw. I have even seen people have to ship their 562 across the country to site sponsors to try and get someone who could fix it and even acknowledge it was a warranty problem because to many people think like you and automatically blam the operator and it could never be this amazing premium saw. Let's keep it real and call a spade a spade. People who don't have a problematic 562 love them. However there are still some saws that have problems. Maybe they are all made Monday morning or Friday afternoon.

^^^^^^^^^^
Good dang post right there!

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
550/560/562 have had their issues, I was a bit shocked when I saw how often 550 had been updated over the years, bearings, seals, intake block, 2×carbs, p&c, top cover, and so on, pretty much the whole saw.
That said, I wouldnt worry to buy one 16 model with all those updates.

Idahonative

O.P.E.f.o.r.u.m. Mutt
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
550/560/562 have had their issues, I was a bit shocked when I saw how often 550 had been updated over the years, bearings, seals, intake block, 2×carbs, p&c, top cover, and so on, pretty much the whole saw.

Those are only "updates" until the new updates come out...at which point they are no longer updates...LOL. This discussion about Husky reminds me of luxury cars from Europe. You buy a top of the line Mercedes or BMW but they prove to be less reliable than a Honda or Toyota. But the European cars are really nice...when they're not in the shop:).

Last edited:

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

I don't see what is wrong with constantly working on improving the products, and Husky obviously doesn't either, as you can follow the development in the IPL section on their website.

As far as I know they (Husky/Jonsered) are the only brands that are really open about such things. With other brands you usually don't notice that stuff has been changed before you compare new parts to older ones - unless there is a recall..

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Those are only "updates" until the new updates come out...at which point they are no longer updates...LOL. This discussion about Husky reminds me of luxury cars from Europe. You buy a top of the line Mercedes or BMW but they prove to be less reliable than a Honda or Toyota. But the European cars a really nice...when they're not in the shop:).
aint a mechanical product saws or cars out there that never had any mechanical issues.
Personally I rather have Honda or Toyota car compared to German made car, done with german cars.
Saws? i prefer one model who has been out there for some years, less issues with one model who has been improved for 5 years compared to something brand new development.

I don't see what is wrong with constantly working on improving the products, and Husky obviously doesn't either, as you can follow the development in the IPL section on their website.

As far as I know they (Husky/Jonsered) are the only brands that are really open about such things. With other brands you usually don't notice that stuff has been changed before you compare new parts to older ones - unless there is a recall..
nothing wrong with what Husky has done, I was just shocked when I read through their service bulletins, thats all.

Idahonative

O.P.E.f.o.r.u.m. Mutt
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

LOL...yep, nothing wrong with a company that uses their customers as guinea pig's as they work out the bugs and develop new technology on their high priced saws. You can badmouth Echo all day long (and you do) but their old school technology and simple designs just plain work. And you've said more times than I can count that Echo doesn't respect their customers. Are you sure it's Echo that doesn't respect their customers?

Sure, anything mechanical can have problems but Echo has not built their reputation on producing unreliable machines. Around here, when you go into the woods, your chainsaw has to be dead nuts reliable...PERIOD.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sure, anything mechanical can have problems but Echo has not built their reputation on producing unreliable machines. Around here, when you go into the woods, your chainsaw has to be dead nuts reliable...PERIOD.
difficult for us norwegians to know what you speak about, Echo doesnt have a spread dealer network in Norway. Closest dealer to me is like 6 hour drive back and forth, doesnt seem they will improve either.
Since they aint around it doesnt mather if they have a bullet proof design, just as hopeless as one AT/mtronic troublesome engine if you ask me

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

It isn't much of a challenge to make reliable machines when you are at the rear end of development, and mostly make extremely low powered units. There are of course a reason that they hide the truth about the power output on the North American market.

A question is how long the EPA etc are going to tolerate those antiques....

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I agree with you 100%. I own a 562 with and EL-46 and it start, revs, hot start and cuts great. Start it, run it in a deep cut and it's good all day. Some people never read a manual.

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
difficult for us norwegians to know what you speak about, Echo doesnt have a spread dealer network in Norway. Closest dealer to me is like 6 hour drive back and forth, doesnt seem they will improve either.
Since they aint around it doesnt mather if they have a bullet proof design, just as hopeless as one AT/mtronic troublesome engine if you ask me

I actually have a dealer (well, sort of) quite close, but I doubt he has sold many saws. Unlike in North America, the power specs are in the open here, and the prices aren't particularly low - so it is unlikely that many will "bite".

Last edited: