would YOU buy a new 562xp?

Scotts_4x

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
ive got my heart set on a 562xp, but with all the problems you see on Internet forums, would you go out and buy a new one? is it just a case of people not bragging how great theirs has been but as soon as someone has a problem they post it? squeaky wheel syndrome? or is there really that much of a problem with this saw to take a pass and buy something else? please discuss.

-scott

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
7:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never owned one but know a few people who do. I have had a chance to use one for about 1 tank. I would buy one without hesitation (pun intended). The few problems get magnified on the chainsaw forums. As of right now, the 562 is the king of the 60cc class IMO; and I run mostly Stihl.

http://opeforum.com/threads/husqvarna-562-best-ported-saw-ever.1810/

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
yes i would so don't give me any ideas i got a charge count at the local dealer and what problems i have should have he would take care of it.

nixon

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bought mine as soon as my shop got them . I did have them do the service bulletin for the loose case screws on the early production saws . Other than that ,and not reading the hot restart procedure ,never had a problem with mine .
So, I'd buy one again if the need arises . Think of it this way ...... Folks aren't likely to post about their uneventful shopping trip . But, if they are in an accident ,they likely would . Same with saws ,or most anything else .

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Would I by a new 560 xp (your USA 562xp) ....No..not yet. Just a little longer for a few more bugs to be worked out and the cost of having to go to Husqvarna equipped Tech dealer for software related issues is cost prohibitive. I would like to see the electronics as robustly reliable as they have become in the automotive industry over there introduction before i embrace "Auto Tune" fully.

Idahonative

O.P.E.f.o.r.u.m. Mutt
Local time
6:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
With offerings from Echo and Dolmar (Echo cs-600p/cs-620p or Dolmar ps-6100)...No, I would not buy one. But then again, I won't own ANY auto tune saw. For less than what a new 562xp costs, you could watch Ebay and pick up a new 600p, have Randy port it, and have a saw the 562xp only wished it could be. Boy...I'm gonna get flamed for that one:).

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
1:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I doubt I will buy a new saw without AT/mtronic in the future, my first AT was bought back in 2012, and has worked flawless since day one.
I know 550 has gone through several mayor updates the last year, if 560/562 has gone through the same updates I think they are really top notch saws.
I fancy the old 2xx saws from Husky but that balance and AV system to the 5xx saws is just supreme.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The EL-48 carb and newer flash on the ecu have cleared up all the problems that people had with the original models. Now they are top of the list for ease of starting, reliability and throttle response. I'm slowly getting all my friends switched over to 550's or 562's, then the only work I have to do on their saws is sharpen chains and clean air filters.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Interesting thread. I had one and sold it. Never had troubles, in in fact it was a pretty hot saw right out of the chute. After a while, I didn't like the way it looked anymore, so I let it go...

The running shoe look is hard to get used to. They are a hard runner right out of the box and feel like a hotrod with only a muffler mod.

pro94lt

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Absolutely, I'm considering buying another for my crew. They really are the saw that just keeps on giving and giving and giving. Mines a 12 model and has the carb everyone says you don't want yet it's been used and abused comercially and never has had an issue. I love em

Idahonative

O.P.E.f.o.r.u.m. Mutt
Local time
6:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
mine is excellent and its ported by mastermind one of the best saws out there for the majority of the work I do I highly recommend a 562xp!

No doubt a 562xp ported by Randy is going to be fun. But with a purchase price of $750 and $325 for porting, that's a 60cc saw with a final cost of $1075.