Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
5:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have never bought myself a new saw but thought REALLY hard about a 562. I almost pulled the trigger but held off and I was able to piece one together out of the junk pile last winter (how I get pretty much all my stuff). But if I was going to buy a new one, I would get a Jonsered 2260 and have @awol port it.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ran two of them.

One was Andydodgegeeks that he bought new from Terry. I was very impressed with it.

The second was one that a tree service brought me to fix. I ended up keeping it for a extra day just to cut with because I enjoyed running it.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am seriously considering one. Primarily to have for buddies to use while we cut, or to loan out if someone asks if they can borrow a saw.

I like letting friends and family borrow my stuff, but I don't get enthused about letting anyone but myself run my ported saws. I have been considering getting a stock saw set up just for them.

sunfish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:09 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I am seriously considering one. Primarily to have for buddies to use while we cut, or to loan out if someone asks if they can borrow a saw.

I like letting friends and family borrow my stuff, but I don't get enthused about letting anyone but myself run my ported saws. I have been considering getting a stock saw set up just for them.
Expensive loaner! But a damn good one!!! :D

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I believe a new ported 562 from awol is 8 or 850 and very strong.

I'm like mike Lee, if I bought one I'd have awol port it instead of me doing it,I've ran 2 that he's done and they are insane.

Tundra

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
2260 Randy worked over. It's the same squared filed chain I ran on my insane 2-piece 346. It's only a smidge slower in 8" poplar. (@.1-seconds) I'd say that's pretty damn good for a work saw.

Chris Zautner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe a new ported 562 from awol is 8 or 850 and very strong.

I'm like mike Lee, if I bought one I'd have awol port it instead of me doing it,I've ran 2 that he's done and they are insane.
You really can't go wrong with a price like that. Especially with the great porting service Alan provides.

skippy

Husqvarnas Sawyer
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In all honesty never ran a stock one .but it's a fun saw

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have met Alan in person and he's a excellent gentleman, infectious personality and the kind of man who makes you want to be a better man just by being around him,there's no other place to get a 562 as far as I'm concerned.

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With offerings from Echo and Dolmar (Echo cs-600p/cs-620p or Dolmar ps-6100)...No, I would not buy one. But then again, I won't own ANY auto tune saw. For less than what a new 562xp costs, you could watch Ebay and pick up a new 600p, have Randy port it, and have a saw the 562xp only wished it could be. Boy...I'm gonna get flamed for that one:).

No flaming here. You are on point (other than the "562xp only wished it could be" comment :) ) and the OP wanted honest opinions. A lot of people still don't want an auto tune or M-tronic saw. I personally don't own one, but I would like to have them. I just don't want to spend the $$$ to switch everything out. There are some really good saws on the market from all the major manufacturers right now, made even better with some minor to major modifications. It is a good time to be a saw nut. The OP couldn't go wrong with any of the saws you mentioned.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:09 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its probably fair for the OP to question the 562xp as quite a few have had minor carb stumble issues. Mind you for every saw with a problem they would probably be less than 5% of owners with the issue. I have ran the snot out of a 2014 550xp and a 2012 555AT with no hesitation stumble what so ever, actually quite the opposite the revboost strato intake gives light switch fast spool up. Dealers have been a major part of this problem and husky has handled it poor but if your concerned convey this to a good site sponser and get him to test the saw prior to shipment. A good dealer is what is needed 'if' you have a problem so get that choice right and buy with confidence. I am no Husky cheerleader but the 562xp is without a doubt top dog in the 60cc class. Just choose a good dealer that supports the place you turn to for good info, they pay to keep the lights on here