would YOU buy a new 562xp?

Scotts_4x

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I got her out for another session yesterday. chain is working much better now that it was sorted out, still having a hard time with chisel chain. I hit the dirt yesterday for about a quarter of a second and it looks like I ran it over with a bulldozer. I run semi chisel on my 450 and I think I'm going to order a loop for the 562 and try that out. also just ordered an outer spike from bob. I'm liking it so far guys! thanks for all the input.

-scott

sunfish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Well I got her out for another session yesterday. chain is working much better now that it was sorted out, still having a hard time with chisel chain. I hit the dirt yesterday for about a quarter of a second and it looks like I ran it over with a bulldozer. I run semi chisel on my 450 and I think I'm going to order a loop for the 562 and try that out. also just ordered an outer spike from bob. I'm liking it so far guys! thanks for all the input.

-scott
Don't hit dirt with chisel. Otherwise run Semi chisel. I may have already said this, HaHa...

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have dedicated a loop of Oregon SC and loop of FC just for playing with angles and variations.

SawTroll

Information collector
Local time
3:51 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Cuts better & it's a bit easier to file.

I tend to agree - but the difference is small enough that I happily use Stihl chain as well as Oregon.

I have only compared chisel (LP/LPX, LGX and RS/RSC), as I rarely use semi-chisel.

Last edited:

Ronaldo

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In the past Dad always used semi-chisel as thats what the saw shop set him up with.........now that I have "gotten into" saws and saw related goodies, I use chisel pretty much exclusively. I think the chisel cuts faster and actually makes the saw seem to have more power. I file the chain after every couple of tanks and cut mostly in clean wood. We do most of our dragging and cutting in the winter and that helps to keep the wood cleaner. Personally I would not like to go back to semi. Oh, and by the way, YES I WOULD BUY A NEW 562XP.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After running one yesterday for the first time. I would love to buy one of these saws. I never gave it much thought as the saw pushers around here have the local scuttlebutt that the MS362 Conglomerated - Motor is the equal to the 562XP. Having ran a couple of the MS362 Conglomerated-Motor's, and not being wowed, I figured the 562xp was the same, not so! I think the saw pushers might be putting their fingers on the scale a bit. As far as I can tell the 562 earned its XP moniker. You may think I'm biased, and all I can say is it was earned. (I think the MS361 is a wonderful saw and would be proud to own one, and have had 036/MS360's before for the record.)

Nitehawk55

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Any sightings of Husky chain yet ?? , they have to be ready to release it by now you would think .

johnny5ny

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I would. It's easily my favorite saw since I've owned it. Mines an el46 carb, only mod being a gutted muffler. I'm fortunate to have never experienced any of the issues that plagued so many of the original saws.
It's definitely a pissed off saw in stock trim, even more so MM'd.
Rips a 24" bar pretty good bucking bigger hard wood, and is REALLY fun with a 16" and freshly sharpened chain in soft wood.