would YOU buy a new 562xp?

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Despite the perceived issues many describe with the 562xp, I would not hesitate one bit to buy a new one or second hand. They are still the most advanced dedicated 60cc saw on the market. I strongly believe the new 'layed back' cylinder design (which is being copied by other OEM's on new models) is responsible for the heat soak issues the carbs suffer from. The saw had no issues with faulty parts as such, just its design that directs heat to the carb when switched off after run time. Most don't understand this and think their perfectly healthy saw has a failing component. Husky will improve this heat issue in the future I am sure when they upgrade the chassis/platform design.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
12:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The 562 I ran as a demo when they first came out must have been a turd one. I haven't wanted to try another since.
But there is a few guys here I trust their word they are strong stock. But the one I ran was lacking IMO

Fresh off of the showroom floor, mine was as tight as an 80yr old nun and I was initially very disappointed... It took about 7 tanks before she started to groove-in and about 12 before I had the throttle response I was looking for. A lot of the new saws, Swede, German and otherwise seem to have this affliction. Hopefully it will translate into a longer-lasting tool given how tight they are stock (damaged seals an other QC issues, notwithstanding).

Jose A.S.T.S.

#DoingtheWork!!!
Local time
1:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was told by a trusted friend to, right out the gate put her in big wood and runner wide open under load. Helps the AT....so I did just that and when you have her buried in 30" plus red oak across not around, for two tanks and your neighbor who has cut wood all his life say wow that saw really has the power on top of what I was experiencing, I feel pretty hopeful on this saws future...give her more for she is ready....:) :pesas:

rattler

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was told by a trusted friend to, right out the gate put her in big wood and runner wide open under load. Helps the AT....so I did just that and when you have her buried in 30" plus red oak across not around, for two tanks and your neighbor who has cut wood all his life say wow that saw really has the power on top of what I was experiencing, I feel pretty hopeful on this saws future...give her more for she is ready....:) :pesas:
Glad you like it and good luck my Freind

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Every AT Husqvarna I sell gets buried until I am sure the AT has learned where it is. We seem to have a lot less issues that way.

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks brother any advice on break-in?
Run like you stole it. ! Let it warm up for a few minutes when you first start it. And then go cut a tank full of the biggest cookies you can find. Don't mess with any limbing or small stuff until after the 2nd tank if you can.

stihl saws

You can always justify another saw.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I would like to try one, but it's hard to throw the money out there with the problems that are happening.
Especially when dealers are pointing it out.

Jose A.S.T.S.

#DoingtheWork!!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@rattler That's exactly the formula she is being run on 40:1. I love my old saws but the av is horrible and in tree work I need my hands. So I'm going new for av, but i also want quality they have a warranty, so I work them hard but take good care of them. I hope this saw does well for me I really like it. I will continue to post on the 562xpg guys, thanks for all the info I really appreciate it.

John7478

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i had a 562xp that had the PTO bearing cage disintegrate after 3 months, it was repaired under warranty then 6 months later the same thing happened, i wanted my money back but the dealer convinced me to take a new saw, this one lasted 4 months before the piston ring pin came out and destroyed the top end so i got my money back and bought a Stihl ms 362, this was 5 years ago and i have not had any problems with the Stihl even though it has literally done 20 times more work than the 562xp . I cannot recommend the 562xp with a good conscience.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Were you running the husky recommended 50:1 fuel mix?