What oil is best? and what ratio?

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So out of curiosity I skimmed back through this thread and this oil was brought up before at the top of page 735...

Consensus was expensive snake oil

The "best oil" discussion devolved into a toilet paper thread at that point

iu
I was thinking that may have been the one I had brought up? I know someone said that their automotive oils cost something like $250-300 for a 5 quart change if I remember correctly. The brand I am thinking may be different but whichever I was talking about did have crazy expensive oil.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was thinking that may have been the one I had brought up? I know someone said that their automotive oils cost something like $250-300 for a 5 quart change if I remember correctly. The brand I am thinking may be different but whichever I was talking about did have crazy expensive oil.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

This was indeed crazy expensive oil with a multi hundred $$$ auto oil change

Probably why no one here has tried it for saws

Way out of my league

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This was indeed crazy expensive oil with a multi hundred $$$ auto oil change

Probably why no one here has tried it for saws

Way out of my league
Idk. I believe there are some here who would use it solely because it was expensive

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Idk. I believe there are some here who would use it solely because it was expensive

I’m sure you are 100% right on that point

Same people who spend $$$ on saw polish

Not disrespecting anyone

We all approach this hobby in a different way

Nobody’s right or wrong

Whatever blows your skirt up...

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
6:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Super tech full synthetic 40:1...the best stuff China Mart has to offer! It's probably made by another oil producer, manufacturer, blender etc. Anyway, it's full synthetic, cheap, easy to find. Probably better than that orange bottle Stihl crap. :D:eek:

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
REGULAR OLD Stihl IN THE ORANGA BOTTLE sorry caps , mixed at 40 to 1 that is 6.4 oz of oil to 2 gal of 93 oct gas no ethanol and I am a Stihl tech and have been for a while , may foul a plug once in a while but the saw will last
Why would you be fouling a plug? That could only be from a poor tune on the carb. Not the fact that you run 40:1.

thedude74

Bonafide & Stuff !!!
Local time
6:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Too bad nobody had done a test on the supertech synthetic. It's cheap...I used it a few times 40:1. Seemed ok?

I ran about 10 gallons through a Echo 590 this summer using super tech @ 50:1 with no I'll effects. Saw runs as good as ever. Recently pulled the muffler to open it up a bit more and piston looks perfect. I've recently switched to 40:1 for sake of longevity. All gas in Alaska is ethanal free. Back to the question....is super tech the best oil? Absolutely! :eek: Joking of coarse. Surely there's better...

Last edited:

Flatzout

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ran about 10 gallons through a Echo 590 this summer using super tech @ 50:1 with no I'll effects. Saw runs as good as ever. Recently pulled the muffler to open it up a bit more and piston looks perfect. I've recently switched to 40:1 for sake of longevity. All gas in Alaska is ethanal free. Back to the question....is super tech the best oil? Absolutely! :eek: Joking of coarse. Surely there's better...

Can't let this thread die ! lol
How's that ST synthetic running ?