What oil is best? and what ratio?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I run Saber at 40:1 in both M Tronic and conventional saws … does great. If your exhaust is wet, check your tune, it is likely too rich.

Every saw I rip down looks well lubed, and even had a builder comment the same when he ripped one of my saws down.

Last edited:

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes it is blue,but your muffler should be pretty dry and clean if stuffs ratioed and tuned right .

Yes absolutely. I’ve run that oil at a few different ratios and tuned to match. I’ve lowered to 32:1 now that I have a few ported saws. Dad takes the 3.5 oz bottle and mixes it in a 2.5. Gallon can. So about 80:1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a challenge for those that buy the husky/stihl, etc oils. Take a 6-pack of your 50:1 oil and weigh each bottle. If you weigh them often enough the really light bottles you would hang on to for an exchange or refund.

I found this years ago....I opened a case to restock our showroom and the inside was wet from leakage. We decided to weigh the bottles to find the lightest bottle to find the leaker. Well, we found the leaker and a few more we were kind of scared to sell.

:couch:

Ron660

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes absolutely. I’ve run that oil at a few different ratios and tuned to match. I’ve lowered to 32:1 now that I have a few ported saws. Dad takes the 3.5 oz bottle and mixes it in a 2.5. Gallon can. So about 80:1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Close...91:1 ratio. I use 32:1 in all my 2-cycles including my trimmer.
They all have adjustable carbs.