High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

What oil is best? and what ratio?

friendlywithbears

a tree falling in the woods
Local time
10:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The local dealer tells me when god urinates, stihl ultra comes out in six packs of prepackaged 50:1 mix. I barely made it out with my eyebrows in tact suggesting mixing it to 40:1.

It's the most readily available to me right now so I am making do :D

bwalker

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The local dealer tells me when god urinates, stihl ultra comes out in six packs of prepackaged 50:1 mix. I barely made it out with my eyebrows in tact suggesting mixing it to 40:1.

It's the most readily available to me right now so I am making do :D
He is right on one thing. Ultra is piss..

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He is right on one thing. Ultra is piss..
It's funny how many dealer tell you 40:1 will ruin or Coke up your saw??

Literally when Stihl started that recommendation they made the same saw that year as the previous year, only difference was they said to mix 50:1 instead of 40:1. Same saw same oil.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The bike is back together now and will be my going around town vehicle. In Montana we can street plate anything!
Going forward I am going to have some new head domes made with optimal squish clearance and less compression. Also plan to continue to run Super Techniplate in it at 20:1 because I plan to use it exclusively on the street and dont plan on babying the thing.View attachment 176565
Love the sound of a tweaked “Shee”, but I’d rather have an “R” ;)

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's funny how many dealer tell you 40:1 will ruin or Coke up your saw??

Literally when Stihl started that recommendation they made the same saw that year as the previous year, only difference was they said to mix 50:1 instead of 40:1. Same saw same oil.

In many manuals to this day, they state if you are not using their factory full synth oil, that you are to mix at 32 or 33:1.

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In many manuals to this day, they state if you are not using their factory full synth oil, that you are to mix at 32 or 33:1.
I know the last ones I read in the early 00s said if you use Stihl oil to mix 50:1. But I was thinking I remember them saying if not useing stihl oil to double the oil added. Which would make it 25:1.

Last new saw I bought and read the manual was in like 05 and was a MS390. So it's been a few years since I read that one. A quick internet search I caould read a few but I just don't care that much. Haha

friendlywithbears

a tree falling in the woods
Local time
10:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I know the last ones I read in the early 00s said if you use Stihl oil to mix 50:1. But I was thinking I remember them saying if not useing stihl oil to double the oil added. Which would make it 25:1.

Last new saw I bought and read the manual was in like 05 and was a MS390. So it's been a few years since I read that one. A quick internet search I caould read a few but I just don't care that much. Haha

I also read the 25:1 somewhere just recently in Stihl literature. I tried to find it this morning but can't quite remember where it was I saw it.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol. I really don't know enough about it.
But it says it is good for TC-W3, API TC and JASO FB ratings.
Not sure if that can actually be.