Tree Monkey played with a 241

tree monkey

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just out of curiousity when did you send this out to Scott? I my memory is right your turn around time was about 3 weeks?

I got a glitch ordering parts for a couple of saws, so this one got moved up the line. hoping the glitch is fixed so I can order parts Monday.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Dan, I am hopelessly addicted to 346s, but the ported 241 that a friend down the road owns could make me a convert IF I didn't already have a MMWS 346 and a base gasket and de-comp deleted and muffler modded 550xp sitting in the barn. In addition to the MS201T... That 241 is pretty slick, doesn't weigh s-word and rips far better than it's displacement should allow. @blsnelling did a good job on that one! And it's owner isn't likely to part with it any time soon. I'd like to run one of Scott's next to it for comparison's sake, but either ought to make a fellow back sufferer happy.

sunfish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Dan, I am hopelessly addicted to 346s, but the ported 241 that a friend down the road owns could make me a convert IF I didn't already have a MMWS 346 and a base gasket and de-comp deleted and muffler modded 550xp sitting in the barn. In addition to the MS201T... That 241 is pretty slick, doesn't weigh s-word and rips far better than it's displacement should allow. @blsnelling did a good job on that one! And it's owner isn't likely to part with it any time soon. I'd like to run one of Scott's next to it for comparison's sake, but either ought to make a fellow back sufferer happy.
Well Bryan, you know how I feel about the 346. But I've been down in the back for the last 4 days. A ported 241 is lookin pretty good right now!

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can't wait till Tuesday, I'll try to post a video up Wednesday. I should get some run time then. Have to work some OT Tuesday to pay for it or I'd be waiting on UPS.

Honestly after what I've seen with these top notch porters (coming from other motor sports hobbies) I honestly can't believe we have the top notch builders here and they charge so little with return shipping included. You guys must love what you do cause you aren't doing it to get rich.

So glad I found this site!!!
Thats a very good runnin saw sir!!:)

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well Bryan, you know how I feel about the 346. But I've been down in the back for the last 4 days. A ported 241 is lookin pretty good right now!
Ive had both and the 346 is what I have now with a 16" Cannon Supermini and a PS setup but I wouldnt turn another 241c down either

RyeThomas

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok UPS came by! I didn't have time to do much but I ran a few test cuts and this thing is so much better in person. I need a 16" bar, the 14" is too small to do this saw any justice. I can't believe how fast it turns. Im really happy the Mtronic is in charge and not me.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I can't wait till Tuesday, I'll try to post a video up Wednesday. I should get some run time then. Have to work some OT Tuesday to pay for it or I'd be waiting on UPS.

Honestly after what I've seen with these top notch porters (coming from other motor sports hobbies) I honestly can't believe we have the top notch builders here and they charge so little with return shipping included. You guys must love what you do cause you aren't doing it to get rich.

So glad I found this site!!!
Ive met and became beter friends on this forum and done buiss.on here and phone and never met in person half of these gutz to bad most people in life arnt as easy to deal with and do buiss.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ok UPS came by! I didn't have time to do much but I ran a few test cuts and this thing is so much better in person. I need a 16" bar, the 14" is too small to do this saw any justice. I can't believe how fast it turns. Im really happy the Mtronic is in charge and not me.
@radio. Has one with correct mount bar and loop of chain in parts section. For sale for it i believe check it out

RyeThomas

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok so I have a 16” coming, thanks Cracker Boy for the heads up.

I got a few more test cuts in but no real work. Side work calls and a guy wants a load of firewood delivered Saturday so my play time turned into work time.

D4EBB31E-35B1-4578-A9F3-7F977DC62E8A.jpeg

RyeThomas

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On a side note I think I’m going to name the saw Fizzgig (no idea how to spell that), I think that’s the little angry (PO for grown ups) dog looking critter that screams all the darn time in that movie.

I call my 5 yo son that as well a lot. Lol.

Saw should come with a disclaimer, warning this saw will make you have random acts of violence directed at poor helpless trees!