Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
12:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@SOS Ridgerider I really wanted another 562 or a 362 mtronic...but my heart wants the 6100 in the classifieds lol I miss my 7910 and want another Dolmar!
You ran mine. You know how they can run. I’m sure Scott could do one up real good!
He’s got one of my smurfs at the moment. Can’t wait to see what it’ll be like.

Locust Cutter

Air Force Redneck
Local time
11:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
A ported 6100 would be a very handy and versatile tool. I can't believe that given it's (slight) capability over a 562, and Dolmar quality that it would be a bad investment, especially for the entry cost. Nate might be able to hook you up. Considering that that a 562 can (depending on the wood and your expectations) pull anywhere from a 16-28" bar and a 6100 can be built hotter, with likely similar durability or better, if I were to do it again, I might. Now, my 562 ain't going anywhere, except for with me cutting, but if it was gone tomorrow, a 6100 *might* fill its place unless I found a ported 562xp or 560xp for a similar price...

RyeThomas

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

While not impressive, I actually used my 241 for some side work. This was a triple tree in a very confined yard, of course my buddies that came to help never filmed any of the ladder work or cool stuff. The only reason they filmed this is because they all wanted evidence of me destroying the fence, LOL.

I took the entire thing with the 241, only used to 461 to get the stump base. This saw is great for tree work, very easy to handle. Great balance. This saw is becoming a very useful toy.

Last edited:

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mmmm....not sure I like the word chainsaw and ladder used in the same sentence or even paragraph for that matter. Stay safe, you have nice saws and want to try to live as long as they do. Scott builds a nice work saw, that part was a good choice.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ran your saw with that setup right here in my driveway Gary. 20" 3/8 Tsumara light bar with half skip square chain. I didn't bury the bar, but we were cutting white oak and that saw would easily pull that setup bucking hardwood all day long. Obviously it's not ported 70cc fast, but for as much as they weigh, the 261 really hauls the mail.

Nick, with the lineup you have, I think a ported 261 would get a lot of use. Especially with a 20" light bar like I ran on Gary's if you like extra reach. Not quite the reach of your 2260 with a 24", and if you get into big wood, you'll find yourself reaching for the 044 sooner, but the whole time you're using the 261, you'll appreciate the weight savings. I know I do when I'm in smaller stuff.

While that’s a good Call,
I look at it from a different angle.

A 362 ver 2 is about the same weight as a MS361, & Ported, will run a 25” Bar.

Now Hear me out: Run your top Handle in the tree, & when it gets too much, swap to the Ported 362. You’ve just jumped a Saw Size, & with it Ported, will not use the 70cc as much.

RyeThomas

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree 100% on the safety call and appreciate the input.

Let me add I did have a full harness, webbing and secured myself to the tree. I also had a small rescue bag with a decent control device I messed with a bit. The ladder was to get elevation because I don't have climbing boots and spurs. I agree not the right way to do it.

I also had 3 Firefighters trained in Technical Rescue and rope so we went over some cool stuff while we were there.

I fully admit I'm no pro. I would like to work with some for awhile and learn though.