High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

The Official Farming Thread...

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
It stinks to have belt troubles when hay is on the ground, but it’s not too bad of a job to lace a belt. Just try and shorten it as little as little as possible if doing one splice. If you got to cut out a larger damaged piece then your going to need two splices. If you didn’t have a splicing tool I’d get one.

Yes, actually I done three splices on one belt, but I don't like to do it if possible. His problem is that the belt is just plumb wore out, and he does not want to buy one. ( actually they are all wore out!! 8 of them ) Major money!! I like the Flexco myself.101_0234.JPG 101_0234.JPG 101_0235.JPG 101_0236.JPG

edit, I forgot to mention that we have extra belts, but the thickness is way off.

Attachments

• 101_0237.JPG
    101_0237.JPG
    191 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So.....who here knows Hesston balers? I've got a 5540 that would make about 1/3 of a roll and then clogs. It could be operator error.....my hay was terribly thick, and just a little too green yet. After clogging it three times, I got out my old baler and just used it.

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So.....who here knows Hesston balers? I've got a 5540 that would make about 1/3 of a roll and then clogs. It could be operator error.....my hay was terribly thick, and just a little too green yet. After clogging it three times, I got out my old baler and just used it.

Are the belts still spinning when it plugs?

deedskelly

Super OPE Member
Local time
5:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was turning good. Started a bale easy enough.

I reckon we'll tear it down, check the bearings and belt lengths.

Belt length always seemed to me to bother a lot when you first tried to start the bale. I’d check the bearings before I pull All the belts out!

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was turning good. Started a bale easy enough.

I reckon we'll tear it down, check the bearings and belt lengths.

Might've been at that perfect moisture to be a pain. I've had my old hesston bale wet hay & dry but in the middle it can be a nightmare.

Bearing check is never a bad idea. How old are the belts? Are they treaded on that model?

Last edited: