The Official Farming Thread...

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have NO corn or soybean planting done yet..... The 856 was back together, but the radiator decided to leak....
I got first cutting of hay that could be wet bailed... So far I got 3 new calfs.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got less than 100 acres corn it rained bout 6 inches in a big splash wish I had none in..... Soys are up to a halfway decent number love to see corn follow it workin on an old kinze today 8 row with splitters project

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spread some *s-word today still to sticky to plant maybe tomorrow , got lots of *s-word to move ... Lots of corn to plant unc got the wheat all sprayed up Just waiting on the ground to settle up

husqvarnaxpman

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got less than 100 acres corn it rained bout 6 inches in a big splash wish I had none in..... Soys are up to a halfway decent number love to see corn follow it workin on an old kinze today 8 row with splitters project
Have you ever planted 15" row soybeans? We switched over more than 10 years ago and really like it.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you ever planted 15" row soybeans? We switched over more than 10 years ago and really like it.
Yeah we do 7.5 15 and even some 30 inch Seems 15 is the more favored number I've test plotted just using a yield monitor and I like the 15 and the 7.5 inch the best I can't decide on the two 30s get hard to cut , makes the knife in the bean head make some awful slams when you go cross a whole row at once and they like to fall down sorta , I want to try 20 inch rows too ... I read some university studies awhile back... I'm not a big reader. Seems at the college they believed if you had a good stand of I think 110 thousand plants per acre the yeild would be really close .. Basically when I start planting on beans if the manpower is there I'll dump in whatever just to get done and chill a little bit in the end of summer

husqvarnaxpman

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never planted 30" soybeans. I think the yield is a little better with 15" rows than the 7.5 and we have never had a problem with white mold since the switch. 140-145 thousand plants per acre seems to be the best population for us with ground that we got. But i agree the "studies" show 110-120 thousand an acre is what you want to shoot for. The only down fall for us is we got a JD 1790 12/23 so we cant plant corn and beans at the same time.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hell I usually have too much going on to plant two crops at the same time anyhow.. I like the drilled bean a hair thin that helps out with the mold sorta stuff

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hell sometimes I duct tape the drill cups up .... Double your settings and you'll have 15s Then I end up pulling it back out I like a variety Things are different every year ain't they

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm in delaware by the way obviously it makes a difference where you live in the country and all that yada

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hell sometimes I duct tape the drill cups up .... Double your settings and you'll have 15s Then I end up pulling it back out I like a variety Things are different every year ain't they

I've thought about doing the ducktape trick. Just never have taken the time.

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Spread some *s-word today still to sticky to plant maybe tomorrow , got lots of *s-word to move ... Lots of corn to plant unc got the wheat all sprayed up Just waiting on the ground to settle up

image.jpeg

Someone say spreading chit?

We are normally finished pumping two weeks ago... We only have about 30,000 gallons out so far this year.

It's looking good so far, if the rain holds off I'll hopefully have 2 million gallons gone by this time next week