Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I looked at my manual for the 5510 & another cause for bale stall is too much belt tension. Not sure if that can be an issue with yours but something else to look into if it still gives you fits.

I'm leaning towards operator error and too much green in the grass. I started on the edge of the field.....a bit of shade there.

After choking it three times, I just put it in the barn.

I'm gonna go over it well, and try again on the second cutting.

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
5:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm leaning towards operator error and too much green in the grass. I started on the edge of the field.....a bit of shade there.

After choking it three times, I just put it in the barn.

I'm gonna go over it well, and try again on the second cutting.

I had the same problem starting bales last weekend. Had to dig hay out 3 times. The bale would start and then slip and not roll inside so the pickup would clog the throat. It was a touch green still.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had the same problem starting bales last weekend. Had to dig hay out 3 times. The bale would start and then slip and not roll inside so the pickup would clog the throat. It was a touch green still.

Digging hay out SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
5:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you plug when your just getting a bale started sometimes it’s easier to open the gate and dig from both sides.....

I did both sides twice. A couple times I just sit and let it run itself through eventually. My buddy had 2 started in his once when it plugged. His 848 has the extra wide pickup and the other one didn’t.

JimBear

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
67C56D09-BE28-40EE-8875-76A2D8BACB36.jpeg
I’ve yet to see a wad/clump of crap or green hay this pig won’t suck up mid bale or starting one. Some of the gents my Dad & brother bale for are masters at wadding up green crap in the windrows. Their L model baler is another story, it can be rather finicky about starting a bale, I’ve spent more time than I care to admit to digging that turd out. Dads old H model was a better baler than his L model is.

concretegrazer

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 184298
I’ve yet to see a wad/clump of crap or green hay this pig won’t suck up mid bale or starting one. Some of the gents my Dad & brother bale for are masters at wadding up green crap in the windrows. Their L model baler is another story, it can be rather finicky about starting a bale, I’ve spent more time than I care to admit to digging that turd out. Dads old H model was a better baler than his L model is.

I liked my 505L. Only remember plugging it twice. And one of those was rebaling rained on squares. Only reason I went green was the local vermeer dealer closed & I wasn't going to make a 2 + hour trip for parts.