huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
12:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In my opinion a Hereford is a better breed than angus... somewhere the angus kick took over. Angus are easy enough to raise but I’ll always love those red n white devils.
They're similar breeds. Most of the desire for them relates to the size of the loin. Angus are a little longer

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They're similar breeds. Most of the desire for them relates to the size of the loin. Angus are a little longer
I just love the big boy 2 there. I raised Hereford n charlaious. Or however you spell the white beef cow. The white ones are bad *s-word crazy. I’ve had very good success with the angus. I think the ribeye on a Hereford is just the bees knees man. I think we splitting hairs on any beef cow The black started damanding money so I started breeding my red heads to mr Murff the black bull. Slowly changed over to all black. I’ve got Hereford in everything I sell now. Grabbed a few pure angus to mix into my herd of half n half’s. Then grabbed a baldie bull( I’m callin a baldie half angus half Hereford ). But yeah that’s my get up. Handsome Red Bull’s you had there

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just love the big boy 2 there. I raised Hereford n charlaious. Or however you spell the white beef cow. The white ones are bad *s-word crazy. I’ve had very good success with the angus. I think the ribeye on a Hereford is just the bees knees man. I think we splitting hairs on any beef cow The black started damanding money so I started breeding my red heads to mr Murff the black bull. Slowly changed over to all black. I’ve got Hereford in everything I sell now. Grabbed a few pure angus to mix into my herd of half n half’s. Then grabbed a baldie bull( I’m callin a baldie half angus half Hereford ). But yeah that’s my get up. Handsome Red Bull’s you had there
We had a couple black baldies. The bull we had before the big one had too big of a head to breed the heifers. It killed 5 heifers while calving (Pretty Boy's mom was one of them). Dad picked up an Angus bull to breed his heifers until he found the big Hereford bull above. After that, he didn't have anymore problems. Smaller head, I guess.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I guess if you go back a page you’ll see my baldie bull. Eating chicken poo. I wasn’t gonna tell him not to as he’s bigger than me. He’s been gentle enough but I think I’m bout due a new one in a couple years. Always hate to get rid of a good easy goin bull

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We had a couple black baldies. The bull we had before the big one had too big of a head to breed the heifers. It killed 5 heifers while calving (Pretty Boy's mom was one of them). Dad picked up an Angus bull to breed his heifers until he found the big Hereford bull above. After that, he didn't have anymore problems. Smaller head, I guess.
I made out very well breeding black bull to red cows. Takes a bit of tweekimg to get a Red Bull that works well with black cattle. I’ve just shyed away from it as I lost more that way. Likely the head. I like a blocky head on an angus. With the Herefords you want a sorta smaller head. Funny how that adds up though.

amberg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

We lost a lot of calves back in the late 70's to the early eighty's, breeding Simmental bulls to black Angus cows. Tried to get those mouse colored cows. Up all night pulling calves. Never again for me.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We lost a lot of calves back in the late 70's to the early eighty's, breeding Simmental bulls to black Angus cows. Tried to get those mouse colored cows. Up all night pulling calves. Never again for me.
That’s a job I can live without. Simmental I’m not familiar with. I’m gonna google them

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
5:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We lost a lot of calves back in the late 70's to the early eighty's, breeding Simmental bulls to black Angus cows. Tried to get those mouse colored cows. Up all night pulling calves. Never again for me.[/QUOTE

Yeah had some of these times with the Simmental bull on a dairy farm used too help out there ain’t much gett up and go with these crosses bone structure isn’t brilliant on these not so popular now

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Found out why my corn planter monitor wasn’t working.... The spot where the wires are broken is almost 3’ into the tongue of the planter. :nusenuse:

I haven’t started yet, but maybe next week it will dry out enough to get started.

913AA010-677E-471C-A077-1F5147B9DF09.jpeg