Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
11:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep old chicken house. We raised birds up till now basically. We just got shut down. Either build new or quit. So I have a couple old big buildings to figure out what to do with

I store my implements and hay in mine. It's 400 x 40. But it's old.....built in 1972.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
12:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What’s the story behind this one dying too know
Broke the drag chain with 8 or more ton of chicken *s-word on it. Woulda been a couple days shoveling it off. Layer some bales of straw down and pushed it over with a backhoe to clean it out.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Was it a bull calf? I think Canadian farm boy is right, she sure picked a dandy spot! I’ve had them calve about everywhere, but that’s a first for me.

Yep. Bull calf.

She was just up the hill from the water.......but ended up there while I was gone to get the rope and stuff.

The dang buzzards were gathering around it when we went back to check on it. Good luck yet again.....they hadn't started in on it yet. The heifer finally got up and onto dry ground, so we just now got the calf back with her. Looks like both will be fine.

Long morning. LOL

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep. Bull calf.

She was just up the hill from the water.......but ended up there while I was gone to get the rope and stuff.

The dang buzzards were gathering around it when we went back to check on it. Good luck yet again.....they hadn't started in on it yet. The heifer finally got up and onto dry ground, so we just now got the calf back with her. Looks like both will be fine.

Long morning. LOL
Did you feed ze buzzards a little #1 birdshot? :2guns:
Great looking bull calf.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When things like that happen in the morning a person wonders what else is to go wrong before the day is over. At least I do!

It still can't stand very well. Just weak yet. We fed it a quart of milk replacer to hold it over and give it some strength.

Fingers crossed.

Did you feed ze buzzards a little #1 birdshot? :2guns:
Great looking bull calf.

I didn't have a gun with me. :(

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mastermind, when I have a calf ,that had trouble getting delivered,I keep a bottle of Dexamethsone,its steroids,give about 5 cc to 80 lb calf. It will help dry the fluid out of it’s lungs and give it a quite of get up and go!
Doubt you can even buy that stuff anymore. Vet supplies are limited now days.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mastermind, when I have a calf ,that had trouble getting delivered,I keep a bottle of Dexamethsone,its steroids,give about 5 cc to 80 lb calf. It will help dry the fluid out of it’s lungs and give it a quite of get up and go!

Thank You !!!!!

I'll get some and keep it.