The Official 2018 "You Suck" Thread

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I usually don't like to rub it in but my cad has been in remission for awhile and this is my first saw score of 2018.
Hour plus drive out, just got home with it.

"242, fires on prime, 'barn find', $75", ad was already up on cr for 5 hours so I figured I was way out of luck...
Guy texts me back asking where I'm located, I replied "A ways away but will put $75 in your hand and be there when I say I'll be there, no bs". "It's yours" was the reply...

He said there were so many replies he took the ad down shortly after, I'm surprised he didn't repost for more $'s.
He asked what was up with it, he had a few small stihls up also and got no response, told him it's a 'cult saw', lol.
Says he does house/barn/storage clean outs and sells saws regularly but never got this kind of response.

Had a poulan oil cap jammed on it, broken top fin on jug, one stripped cover screw, a ding in the fuel line, otherwise all there and in decent shape.
Bar is almost new, as is the backwards installed rocked chain, lol.
Starter cover is wrong for the year but I have a clean 'proper' one from a 42...

89 242.JPG

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I usually don't like to rub it in but my cad has been in remission for awhile and this is my first saw score of 2018.
Hour plus drive out, just got home with it.

"242, fires on prime, 'barn find', $75", ad was already up on cr for 5 hours so I figured I was way out of luck...
Guy texts me back asking where I'm located, I replied "A ways away but will put $75 in your hand and be there when I say I'll be there, no bs". "It's yours" was the reply...

He said there were so many replies he took the ad down shortly after, I'm surprised he didn't repost for more $'s.
He asked what was up with it, he had a few small stihls up also and got no response, told him it's a 'cult saw', lol.
Says he does house/barn/storage clean outs and sells saws regularly but never got this kind of response.

Had a poulan oil cap jammed on it, broken top fin on jug, one stripped cover screw, a ding in the fuel line, otherwise all there and in decent shape.
Bar is almost new, as is the backwards installed rocked chain, lol.
Starter cover is wrong for the year but I have a clean 'proper' one from a 42...

View attachment 111069

Nice Bill!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
4:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
3:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think maybe this qualifies...new guy, CAD is out of remission. All of the saws in my sig went down for one reason or another about the same time, parts coming from @Spike60. I have a good paying trim job I needed a saw for. 2050 needed the least work/parts, so I went looking for an anti vibe spring at the only small engine place around. I didn’t expect to find much saw wise as we are a small town in Stihl country in the desert. Didn’t find my spring, but...

Left to right $10 (my buddy in AZ has one a friend gave him to fix)

$20 spare parts for my 2139

$40 ran it - looking for parts to complete.

$40 ‘bout brand new, supposed to be straight gassed....but it's not! Oil in cylinder looks kinda red and sticky and stringy...like bar oil. Hmmm...

@afleetcommand, weren't you just telling me to get a 455 rancher two days ago on the YouTube comments? Here we are, haha! I think they bound up the chain and smoked the clutch, oil pump, maybe seal and bearing.

Attachments

• E0EA1714-0079-4AAA-94DB-6C754332A449.jpeg
    E0EA1714-0079-4AAA-94DB-6C754332A449.jpeg
    265.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited: