Tales from the bench

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This one is from the front counter and not the bench but I GOTTA share this one.

Women comes in and asks if we sell or rent metal detectors, and do we have a shovel she can borrow.

Wondering where this is going, aren't ya? Well, it's safe to bet none of you guys met anybody quite like this today:

Gal tells us she is "very telepathic" and is "really feeling it today." And what she is just happens to be tuned into on this cool and cloudy afternoon is that she "knows" where the long missing money is that was supposedly stashed away by mobster Dutch Schultz sometime before his death in 1935. Supposed to have been buried just up the road from here in the next town along the Esopus creek. Under a big tree; even marked with an "X". Could be $50 mill worth of stuff in today's dollar. Plenty of stuff about this online if you want to look it up. Bring your own shovel. :)

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
This one is from the front counter and not the bench but I GOTTA share this one.

Women comes in and asks if we sell or rent metal detectors, and do we have a shovel she can borrow.

Wondering where this is going, aren't ya? Well, it's safe to bet none of you guys met anybody quite like this today:

Gal tells us she is "very telepathic" and is "really feeling it today." And what she is just happens to be tuned into on this cool and cloudy afternoon is that she "knows" where the long missing money is that was supposedly stashed away by mobster Dutch Schultz sometime before his death in 1935. Supposed to have been buried just up the road from here in the next town along the Esopus creek. Under a big tree; even marked with an "X". Could be $50 mill worth of stuff in today's dollar. Plenty of stuff about this online if you want to look it up. Bring your own shovel. :)
So did ya sell her a power auger to make her digging easy ??.... don't tell me you missed a trick . :)

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
12:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

So when are you gonna start stocking metal detectors?

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So did ya sell her a power auger to make her digging easy ??.... don't tell me you missed a trick . :)

Didn't exactly fall into the cute category fellas. Wouldn't be able to hold on to her anyway because some day the ship will return to take her back to her home planet.

Cobby08

I’m a face down ass up guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a customer that has been arrested, spent jail time, sued a family relative for falling off their roof when they were paying him to paint their roof, comes up with some of the most far fetched stories ever. Told me he cut 4,000 face cord one winter with nothing more than a MS 311, splitting maul and a 2wd 1500 silverado. Yeah... he's going places. Smokes a lot of pot as a hobby. He comes in at least once a week with another conflict in town declaring he is FBI/secret service. Anywhoser, he got arrested lately again (for impersonating a cop; imagine that) and got bailed out by his aunt. Later that day he comes in saying he was untouchable, controls NY state, and then asks "Ever seen a military officer salute a man in handcuffs? I did last night." Guy is wacked out...

Adirondackstihl

Vert Da Furk........Bork Bork Bork
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a customer that has been arrested, spent jail time, sued a family relative for falling off their roof when they were paying him to paint their roof, comes up with some of the most far fetched stories ever. Told me he cut 4,000 face cord one winter with nothing more than a MS 311, splitting maul and a 2wd 1500 silverado. Yeah... he's going places. Smokes a lot of pot as a hobby. He comes in at least once a week with another conflict in town declaring he is FBI/secret service. Anywhoser, he got arrested lately again (for impersonating a cop; imagine that) and got bailed out by his aunt. Later that day he comes in saying he was untouchable, controls NY state, and then asks "Ever seen a military officer salute a man in handcuffs? I did last night." Guy is wacked out...
Relative of yours?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So about 1300 cord cut with a ms311 split by hand in less than year by himself? LOL

Cobby08

I’m a face down ass up guy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So about 1300 cord cut with a ms311 split by hand in less than year by himself? LOL
Yessir... a winter. Like November to March at latest; and mind you this was cut, split and carried up from a creek bank up to the road. This guy is burnt out... since his last arrest he gets all sensitive as I greet him as "deputy Dipchit."

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yessir... a winter. Like November to March at latest; and mind you this was cut, split and carried up from a creek bank up to the road.
I call B.S. !