Stihl LOST the Policy Embargo

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's quite simple, Stihl being a fair sized corporation, acts like every other large corporation with the implementation of CYA.
This way, when they make the dealers set up the equipment, it puts a buffer between them and the customer that negates direct liability if/when something goes awry. Even just a little doubt as to the company's responsibility is all that's needed and can save untold millions. And if it comes to it, Joe dealer, straight under the bus, they can always find a new guy, but they can't replace settlements in the tens and hundreds of millions of dollars in the litigious society we find ourselves in.
CYA it's the golden rule for big corporations.

i ve seen KTM the Austrian motorcycle company did almost the same. you couldn't buy the Acrapovic exhausts or the carbs outside their networks. And to change engine oil due to need to put 1liter inside the motorbikes chassis they only had those huge injections only in their dealerships. Many bikes had broken and people start screaming about it.
At some point they stopped it but back in 2004-2005 internet wasn't that common to find what exactly happened.
I had nightmares back them with my KTM bikes.
Seems the German minded Stihl tried the same idea. It's those paratroopers bureaucrats that come out of nowhere and think they hold the holy grail. Once the project collapses they just disappear.
I strongly believe the internet sales should be free, competition makes better prices and better business. Even the stores will benefit cause Market always clear some garbage. So competitive and good propably will prevail

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I still prefer to go to the "brick and mortar " stores. The Stihl/JD dealer 25 plus years same salesman and main parts guy too. Know you by name. Yes they actually know saws and OPE. Same with local hardware store.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I have to check with Madsens. Last time asked they could not send a dl of STIHL chain but Oregon was no trouble. So the stretchy stuff got used. Locally w/tax Stihl was $200 a reel more than Oregon shipped from west coast.
Regarding losers pay for other sides lawyer. Here in Missouri law a facetious lawsuit will cost the loser 3 times the cost of defending against the suit. I'm trolling for the right dums#t with no luck yet.The thought of getting damages @ twice the cost of lawyer sounds nice.

Last edited: