Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
1:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Next up was the Husqvarna Booth
A lot of guys were there having a séance or some other type of circle-centric meeting in the middle of the booth, but I made my way to the back to the rack of chainsaws.

Nothing new they seemed to be focusing on and most of the sales people were involved in the crop circle.

We call that a circle jerk.

Honestly I would have figured you'd see that at the Stihl booth:D

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There were some really "unique" folks there, such as some people who seemed to be collecting as much free junk as they could carry, I saw a guy with two backpacks on and a carry bag in each hand, I guess he figures for the $60 admission he better get 100 pounds of keychains, pens, mini flashlights and other assorted knickknacks in return. There were several of those folks.

So you got to interact with Dutch guys I see.

They paid $60, as a good Dutchman we need to get our money's worth.

That's why I don't change tire's until the cords are showing.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did I mention they gave away two free 60" Zero Turn hydro mowers in the 4 hours I was there?
A Toro Timecutter Z and an Exmark Lazer X worth about $19,000 total.
The main door prize for Friday was $10,000 cash.

I checked the WORX booth for their jaw cut chainsaw and it was nowhere to be found :(
In the land of the dark was a guy with custom made composite bearings that required no lubrication and had no moving parts, the material itself provides the lubrication somehow.

Fun fact #1 Solo is the world largest manufacturer of mist blowers and business is up 40% because of the Zica virus.

Fun fact #2 apparently Walbro was founded by a couple of guys who left Tillotson and took a carb design with them which they manufactured for Homelite.

air2bmc

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just went today. Good show and the outdoor demo area was awesome. Just a FYI I registered online a few weeks ago and admission was only 30. If I would of done it sometime before August(I think) it was only 15 admission. Still a great show ended up picking up a snow blower for a good deal

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just went today. Good show and the outdoor demo area was awesome. Just a FYI I registered online a few weeks ago and admission was only 30. If I would of done it sometime before August(I think) it was only 15 admission. Still a great show ended up picking up a snow blower for a good deal

How much chainsaw action was there outside?
Did you happen to see the chainsaw trencher in action?

air2bmc

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Husqvarna had a demo booth. All saws could be demo'd. I never seen the saw trencher might of just missed it. Echo, Makita, and jonsered also had demo areas. No outside Stihl demo. Seems like everyone was really pushing the battery equipment.

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was getting e-mails at work about the show up through this Wednesday. If my daughter had been home for fall break this week rather than last week I would have named the trip from Lexington to Louisville. I might make the farm show in February.

If you think things were crowded, trying going for a volleyball tournament where they have 200 courts going at once.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
12:28 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have wanted to go to GIE for a few years, but could not justify it. Thanks for the detailed tour.

Oregon was showing the SpeedCut bars and a version of the automatic grinder last year as well. The $300 auto grinder from E&S sounds interesting. Did you get to see it? There have been rumors of a 'cheap CNC grinder' for a few years.

Philbert

mdavlee

Hillbilly grinder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got one of the TIlly for the 1122. I haven't used it yet on my saw. Deets has one if I remember right. They're only about $50 on ebay