High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

So what's your "real" job?

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
10:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I've been working in power distribution for around 5 years now, my first job when I graduated (yes I'm a pup compared to the likes of emu legs;))

Basically if we have a power outage in the area I get sent out as first response to figure out what the hell went wrong, takes quite a lot when most of the U.K. Power network is underground and our cable records are "dated" to say the least.

Basically figure out where it's being fed from, how many customers I have off supply then try and re-route power via live switching to get people back on. Once that's done I then do live fault finding with the fancy equipment we have, before calling in for a cable jointing team once I've got a rough location on it to dig, cut and repair. My brother is one of these cable jointers, and sweet mother they don't half give you some *s-word when you get it wrong!
dated? I think America has a more dated power grid than many other countries everything is 100% overhead on poles in my part of the world.

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
dated? I think America has a more dated power grid than many other countries everything is 100% overhead on poles in my part of the world.

It's much the same over here in rural areas, however I'll admit your rural areas are slightly larger than ours!

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
11:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldn't say that makes it dated or not. OH and UG both have pro's and con's. The telltale sign of how up to date a electrical system is the proliferation of grid automation including automated meter information integrated with an Outagage Management System.

The countries that are really doing some high tech stuff are the ones that are just now creating an electrical grid. They are installing the most up to date relaying because that is what is available now.

zeebee413

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
22 years law enforcement... can't wait to get off this crazy train. Was a good job until rouge cops began shooting innocent upstanding citizens with no criminal history.... for no good reason... (most were armed but the cops still got it wrong)....

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldn't say that makes it dated or not. OH and UG both have pro's and con's. The telltale sign of how up to date a electrical system is the proliferation of grid automation including automated meter information integrated with an Outagage Management System.

The countries that are really doing some high tech stuff are the ones that are just now creating an electrical grid. They are installing the most up to date relaying because that is what is available now.
I got to work quite a bit with relay techs at a combined cycle plant I was helping build. Was a great learning experience!!

Larry Joe

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Retired from U.S. Army. 22 years, 14 of them spent in Special Operations. I am grateful every day to be alive. The election does give me hope. To see politicians who have sworn an oath to protect our Constitution willingly ignore that oath and go un punished pain's me greatly.

fin460

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am a corn and soybean farmer. I raise beef cow calf pairs as well. I have a little of my own and just pretty much work for my Dad and uncle as they own most of the land. Dad and uncle has a earthmoving business as well, and we doze out a lot of trees. Always a lot of chainsaw work, I love chainsaws and want to become a dealer when I retire.. I'm only 28 years old, and I'm afraid by the time I retire, the local chainsaw dealership will only deal in ms180= 18 volt, ms360= 36volt.

Thank you to all Veterans for their service. God bless.

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am a corn and soybean farmer. I raise beef cow calf pairs as well. I have a little of my own and just pretty much work for my Dad and uncle as they own most of the land. Dad and uncle has a earthmoving business as well, and we doze out a lot of trees. Always a lot of chainsaw work, I love chainsaws and want to become a dealer when I retire.. I'm only 28 years old, and I'm afraid by the time I retire, the local chainsaw dealership will only deal in ms180= 18 volt, ms360= 36volt.

Thank you to all Veterans for their service. God bless.
Where have you been bro?? Good to see your post!

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sure, why not:

I'm an estimator for a medium size excavation/grading company. I sit in the office and try to figure out what the engineer drew, what we have to do to make that dream a reality, and what it will cost.

When people ask, I say I count things for a living.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My deal ain't changed one bit...still fingering, fondling, and playing with highly traveled, rode hard, mileage-ridden, $250 million apiece hoes. I guess to some folks that job sounds like paradise...then you see the C-17, 365 day a year gubment regimen, and you wanna hoe around on these things!

Last edited:

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maintenance at a poultry processing plant for the last 14yrs. Second processing so it's already dead,cold and ready for cut up and packaging when it gets to me.
Worked maintenance in the same, cold cut-up, for a handful of years...many years ago, for a new Cargill plant, eventually years later sold to Tyson Foods. In charge of all the equipment from the chiller tank back through cut-up, before either heading to the blast freezers for bin storage, or forklifted straight onto receiving trucks at the rear docks. All Dapec cutup machines, thigh de-boners, bagging machines, strappers, etc, etc. Used to cut for the normal clientele...KFC, Church's, Popeye's, Bojangles, etc and all the folks selling pre-cut chicken pieces, etc under various names in the grocery stores.

Last edited: