sfg.Foley

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Guys,

I'm reaching out to you from Germany. I looking for a way to get a carvingbar with a 1/4" chain on my Milwaukee M18 Battery Saw ( FCHS35-0). These saws arent very common hier in europe. Mostly when some one using battery chainsaws they are using Stihl, Makita/Dolmar or Husqvarna. Sometimes you see some china ... "chainsaws" from brands like Parkside or Fuxtec.

Because Milwaukee is very expensive in general hier, there arent a lot of users who already have some Milwaukee Batterys. My opinion is that a battery saw is only profitable when you have already some battery's from brands of your choice. Only exception are the "Pro-Version" from Stihl and Husqvarna because only those two saws are from power to weight ratio like there gas counterparts. Okay, maybe thats a little to much off topic. Sorry!

I just want to ask you guys if you know a way how to put a 1/4" sprocket on the Milwaukee?

Thank you for ready that much for just one sentence.

Greetings

Blue42

Active OPE Member
Local time
5:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello Foley. I don't know, but I have one and have also thought about putting an 18" bar on it. With the 12 ah battery (their biggest) it hasn't bogged in anything I've done with it, and I think it could handle an 18" bar.

What I can mention is that I think the file size for the chain is best at 11/64. Not the 4.5 mm. And not the 5/32. The 11/64 equals 4.37mm. The 4.5 mm looks like it gives almost no hook to the teeth at all, and the first time I sharpened the chain I couldn't even get the file into the tooth with snapping it in.

sfg.Foley

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey,

thanks for your answer. Maybe, because English isnt my native language, it lead to some misunderstanding.

Its not about the length of the chainsaw bar - its about the pitch of the chain. I want to go with a 1/4 chain, so that I can use the Milwaukee saw for chainsaw carving. So for that I need to change the "sprocket" or what they call "sprocket". Milwaukee dont use standard Oregon Power RIMs or something similar.

Factory-wise the Milwaukee saw comes with a 3/8 low profile bar and chain. I want to change that to 1/4 bar and chain. To do that, I need to change the driving sprocket. I dont think Milwaukee makes one (I think they missing a potential market, because battery saws are very nice for carving, specially with no anti vibration system you can cut more precise). Echo Chain and Batterysaws are the best saws when it comes to carving. Thats why most people who earning their whole income with chainsaw carving/sculpturing use mostly Echos. But Echo dont have power tools like Milwaukee - Thats why I think Milwaukee is the smarter choose when its come to battery chainsaw carving. You can charge all you battery - from the 4.0 drill battery up to the 12.0 batterysaw-batteries.

So maybe one of the big Chainsaw Carving Suppliers who made 1/4 carving sprockets for the Makita Battery saws, maybe there's one in the big USA or somewhere else in the World who did the same with Milwaukee? If you know something - Pls let me know!

Greetings