So what's your "real" job?

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You ain’t seen nothing ‘til you get around the gubment Union folks...sorrier than ape *s-wordt! See it every single day in C-17’s, and they’re well spread across all aircraft maintenance squadrons and every facet of work on base. Grievance filing turds is all they are.
Haha, grievance...that was like a joke when I use to work on a base!! Sad thing is it's true. That's an desk audit! Haha

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Agent Smith

Hack of all trades
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im more or less semi retired now. Did concrete work for 17 yrs. Started while i was in high school going to the jobs after school for a few hrs. That work literally destroyed my knees and back. Left that 2 yrs ago. Worked at Hutter Racing part time when concrete work was slow. Now I do installs for Rebath here and there when they need help and small handyman jobs. I bought a new Kubota loader backhoe two years ago to get stuff done around the property so i do small excavating jobs with that in the summer. Make it pay for itself. Anymore i have no desire to live at work, working all day everyday. Life's to short not to enjoy it and do the things you like to do

Last edited:

Cat 525

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
1:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Started out farming and raising livestock out of school. Began blading township roads and cutting wood in winter to supplement my income. It evolved into logging walnut and other hardwoods and for about 20 years I traveled the state demonstrating Cat graders in the summer. My son's farm now and I still blade and log in the winter. Although it's somewhat slower!
Ironic the saws are so much better and faster and I am slower! Go figure.

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
46 years owner operator of a drycleaning business.
Clean clothes and install, fix, and maintain all the equipment. Steam boilers, air compressors, HVAC, fit pipe, electrical, mop floors are all my job. Employees are a pain, that part i dislike.
Drycleaning has been a losing business for the last 5 years nationwide.
I am 61 now and would like to quit then find a position fixing other peoples stuff if they leave me alone.

bowtechmadman

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Work in a plastics Tier 1 automotive supplier. Run a paint line where we spray plastic components for the Big 3. Enjoy working with the 20 robots we spray with, and the lowest seniority person of the 9 that work for me has been here for 25 yrs with two employee's over 40. I have no complaints about my employee's they are all good people wanting to earn a living just like me, and take pride in the job they do everyday.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Work in a plastics Tier 1 automotive supplier. Run a paint line where we spray plastic components for the Big 3. Enjoy working with the 20 robots we spray with, and the lowest seniority person of the 9 that work for me has been here for 25 yrs with two employee's over 40. I have no complaints about my employee's they are all good people wanting to earn a living just like me, and take pride in the job they do everyday.

Very rare in this day and age, you are fortunate! I keep feeling like almost everyone I deal with is a temp!!!

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
1:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After high school I attended a year of hydraulics and pneumatic school, then a year of machinists school, welding for a year then millwright for a year and finally the 2 year of welding. Had many different jobs but main ones were boilermaker for a bit 5 years in ironworkers local 563 which was changed to 512 subdivision b and the last 12 years at Mine as a welder.