SHOW ME YOUR AXES

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
9:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I find if your prepared to put a handle on yourself that can be the best way on Ebay, they seem to fetch much more $$ with a handle. I'll keep my eyes peeled and if anything turns up I'll let you know. Shipping to the US is much cheaper than from the US though avenues outside EBay. I'm pretty sure the Plumb Tasmanian was produced here so that's why you won't find any in the states under that name. The little chunk of land at the bottom of our map is called Tasmania.

Thank You.

Was there. Tasmanian pattern without Phantom Bevels?

The reason I ask, I missed an axe last night that was called a Tasmanian in the description, but didn’t look like the others I’d seen.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've seen the Tasmanian with & without bevels. I think even other makes use the name too like Kelly. But they all seem to be similar in shape and around the 4.5lb weight. When using search engine on Ebay phantom bevels can be referred to as 'scollops' too.

hseII

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've seen the Tasmanian with & without bevels. I think even other makes use the name too like Kelly. But they all seem to be similar in shape and around the 4.5lb weight. When using search engine on Ebay phantom bevels can be referred to as 'scollops' too.

I set an alarm for another that’s on my radar.

I’ll share if I’m successful.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
2:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Grabbed a couple single bit heads at a flee market in Alabama. The toe is pretty worn on the plumb but I don’t care. Haven’t decided if I’m going to even in out or just sharpen it up and use it as is. The other is a Belknap Bluegrass axe. The two hatchets were my dads, one is a Plumb scouts hatchet the other is a Keen Cutter.
View attachment 92735

Nice bunch of axes

hseII

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I set an alarm for another that’s on my radar.

I’ll share if I’m successful.

0e19071e9f3f6fe27bd907225cd97ee8.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/i/253203689332

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a nice head, doesn't look like its suffered really bad rust but has been cleaned up and sharpened. While I'd happily own it at that price, don't rush I'm sure you'll find something good if you look for a bit. There is a huge variance in price between those that know what their selling & those who don't. Also don't skimp on the handle, a well shaped handle at the right length is important, the one thing I notice about the hickory handle on the Hults Bruk I just got is how soft and easily dented it is, if you can source one made from our hardwoods like 'spotted gum' its well worth it. 900mm=36".

hseII

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a nice head, doesn't look like its suffered really bad rust but has been cleaned up and sharpened. While I'd happily own it at that price, don't rush I'm sure you'll find something good if you look for a bit. There is a huge variance in price between those that know what their selling & those who don't. Also don't skimp on the handle, a well shaped handle at the right length is important, the one thing I notice about the hickory handle on the Hults Bruk I just got is how soft and easily dented it is, if you can source one made from our hardwoods like 'spotted gum' its well worth it. 900mm=36".

Thank You.
I’ll keep that in mind.

I wonder how much it would cost to ship one of those “Spotted gum” handles to the States?