Raffle 262 builds

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
1:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can use a three shoe clutch from a 359 but you need the (NLA) 262 spacer washer. I have never had a problem with the two shoe clutch.
I think I have one or two extra of the NLA spiral spacer washer for 262 if anyone needs one.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

super3

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I have one or two extra of the NLA spiral spacer washer for 262 if anyone needs one.

I could use one of those.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Ok -- challenge will be for me to remember to go look. Next time I'm in front of saw bench I'll find one hopefully -- I think I have two floating around.
If I forget, don't be afraid to remind me!

I'll just send you -- no worries on costs I like to pay it forward as I've had other parts sent to me from the excellent members here.

Onan18

OPE Sponsor
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Ok -- challenge will be for me to remember to go look. Next time I'm in front of saw bench I'll find one hopefully -- I think I have two floating around.

I'll just send you -- no worries on costs I like to pay it forward as I've had other parts sent to me from the excellent members here.

I could use one as well please sir. I built my personal 262 from a 257, so it has the two shoe clutch. I have never slipped it but I am planning on having the saw ported and would like to upgrade.

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is it possible to have these washers machined? Make several and maybe sell them?
Anyone have a good photo of one?

We would need dimensions as well... thickness, inside diameter, outside diameter... but once those are done, we could make a die to stamp these out or set up a different machine to turn these out.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Clutch washer: .040 thick, .401 I.D., 2.087 O.D.
View attachment 107366

The ones I have are spiraled on one side and the spiral apparently has to do with the crank driven (as opposed to clutch driven) oiler setup -- the spirals help w/ the oil flow or something like that. so I'm guessing if you have the newer clutch driven oiler setup, you perhaps don't need the spirals in this washer.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here is a post on E-bay and the seller has more than 10 available for $3 each. Not a bad deal! I may have bought one from this source when I thought I needed a new one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Husqva...959742?hash=item25eaac717e:g:3CcAAOSw-KFXeRN4

You can see the "rings" are actually a spiral and the washer goes on smooth side out and spiral towards crankcase.
I learned this when I had cracked my clutch drum and replaced the needle bearing and drum but also discovered my washer was installed backwards so I turned it around proper after oiler removal and replacement. Since then it's been converted to a clutch driven oiler ... I'm not sure if this washer is still used in that setup -- probably.

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I don't have a 262, but I hate NLA parts. If you need machinist to duplicate a few and put in an eBay shop let me know. Send me one and I'll duplicate it a few times then send it back home.

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't have a 262, but I hate NLA parts. If you need machinist to duplicate a few and put in an eBay shop let me know. Send me one and I'll duplicate it a few times then send it back home.

If it isn't cost worthy to machine a large lot of these, I can see about getting a sheet of .040" steel and getting it laser cut. Probably be a lot faster and cheaper.

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That washer I posted seems like fairly hard steel - possibly heat treated? The clutch shoes slide on it so I'm thinking mild steel is out of the question. Perhaps some grade of stainless steel would work.

That is what I was thinking as well.

It is probably something similar to 4130 or 4140, which is heat treatable. As for what stainless is like those two steels, not sure. But I know stainless is going to cost a lot more...

CJ Brown

I learned it from a hockey card...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It would require a little bit of research before any attempt was made to reproduce that washer. I wish I had a hardness tester here so I could provide that info.

Incidentally, both the spiral washer/shield and the clutch washer are NLA from Husqvarna.

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It would require a little bit of research before any attempt was made to reproduce that washer. I wish I had a hardness tester here so I could provide that info.

Incidentally, both the spiral washer/shield and the clutch washer are NLA from Husqvarna.

The spiral washer would have to be stamped... machining those would be way too expensive...

Clutch washer... I am fairly certain I can get a batch made. We will have to determine costs first... and if this works out, figure on seeing them on one of the sites of our sponsors. (since I am not a sponsor, so I cannot directly say I will sell them to you)