Raffle 262 builds

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The spiral washer would have to be stamped... machining those would be way too expensive...

Clutch washer... I am fairly certain I can get a batch made. We will have to determine costs first... and if this works out, figure on seeing them on one of the sites of our sponsors. (since I am not a sponsor, so I cannot directly say I will sell them to you)
We have a couple HAAS cnc machines. Give me a solid model and it'll happen.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Question for you guys. Can I convert my 262 oil pump to clutch driven by just swapping pump assemblies and drum? Looks like it would work fine.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Question for you guys. Can I convert my 262 oil pump to clutch driven by just swapping pump assemblies and drum? Looks like it would work fine.

Yes, the Oiler is the same, you need to pull the brass Oiler gear, and get the plastic Oiler gear and matching clutch drum.
I’ll get a pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep, worked all day. Just sitting down to relax now.

Yup. On Friday night... Time to chill brother. No tree work tomorrow. Maybe I'll tear into my 262 fuel issue since this thread is so active! I have an HDA 87 rebuild kit.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
See the teeth on the clutch drum, they turn the black plastic Oiler gear in the background
3a6fa4d91a8864bf9d6dd0ef80e8da14.jpg

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hmm...quiet around here... must just be a good weekend to relax. Unfortunately, it is not a relaxing weekend for me, we're moving furniture and beds and crap around the house... some from the top floor to the basement, some from the basement to the garage, etc. Fun stuff.

Hope Dan isn't moving furniture...

Sleeper

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nope, not moving furniture and not relaxing. Worked another 12 hours.
Gonna cut some firewood tomorrow morning...

12 hours? On a Saturday?

Wow.

I remember when I used to work 60-75 hours a week. Did it for a few months. Was not healthy. I would get home so exhausted and tired, I basically shut down.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great thread Dan, just catching up now.

I like the pics of the crank and piston at various points in the cycle. Shows a lot and makes one think.

The lower edges of the transfer tunnels in a 262 are quite deep, unlike the Stihl 036. Different angle, plus the crank weights cover them when the uppers open. I leave them alone on the 262 myself, too much too cut, and I doubt it adds anything.

FWIW, Randy did a thread on converting a 199 to fit a 262. Same bore as the coveted 87. I beleieve the 198 is a replacement for the 199 and is still available. May have an accelerator pump though, I’m not sure.

http://opeforum.com/threads/making-a-walbro-hda-199-fit-on-a-262xp.3475/

I have a few sets of 87 throttle and choke plates if you need them Danny Boy. I bought them to do the 120 to 87 conversion and never got around to it.