Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like it’s running good, I enjoyed running it at ct gtg. Tune sounds good to me as well. You file a nice chain too sir...self feeds good and can lean on it. Just the way I like em.

Thanks Mason. Dan sent me a sweet looking square chain, but I want to save it for some cleaner logs. That's a loop of RS that's getting right to the sweet spot. Only a few millimeters left before the witness marks. They always seem to cut nice once you get there. I usually only run 20" bars on 70+cc saws, so I like rakers pretty low. I sold my tree monkey 455 this spring to help buy a truck. Truck fell through, so I bought one of @Homelite410's excellent chain vises as a consolation prize. That and a bright headlamp really make freehand filing a much more pleasant and effective job.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
6:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
+1 on those homelite410 vises. Gets all my chains right for work. Cut through metal last weekend and this weekend the chain restored with several Stokes per tooth on that vise got it making big chips again. Just simple LGX chain. Got some EXL loops from NY GTG to try.
Thanks Mason. Dan sent me a sweet looking square chain, but I want to save it for some cleaner logs. That's a loop of RS that's getting right to the sweet spot. Only a few millimeters left before the witness marks. They always seem to cut nice once you get there. I usually only run 20" bars on 70+cc saws, so I like rakers pretty low. I sold my tree monkey 455 this spring to help buy a truck. Truck fell through, so I bought one of @Homelite410's excellent chain vises as a consolation prize. That and a bright headlamp really make freehand filing a much more pleasant and effective job.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Used that 262 a little more today. Got that trailer load cut and split. I remember now why I like cutting firewood better when it's cold out. I got all sweaty and stuff. It was gross. Plus, I had short sleeves on, so I definitely got dirty. ;)

No, it was actually quite nice. I'm a little out of practice, but I got back in the rhythm. 262 ran really nice. Ended up with a good sized pile of wood. Some 16" oak for sale or heating, and lots of 32" box elder for syrup season 2019.

rps20180506_193234_196.jpg rps20180506_193248_197.jpg

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Used that 262 a little more today. Got that trailer load cut and split. I remember now why I like cutting firewood better when it's cold out. I got all sweaty and stuff. It was gross. Plus, I had short sleeves on, so I definitely got dirty. ;)

No, it was actually quite nice. I'm a little out of practice, but I got back in the rhythm. 262 ran really nice. Ended up with a good sized pile of wood. Some 16" oak for sale or heating, and lots of 32" box elder for syrup season 2019.

View attachment 123635 View attachment 123636

I’m glad you are enjoying it Ryan!