I can't wait to get mine looks awesome

StephK87

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, here's a quick video of the 462 slightly ported (only leveled up transfers and some smoothing and widening on the exhaust) with a deleted base gasket. My machining mate had no time to work on the cylinder last week (because of flu and holiday) so i decided to make an intermediate step with the saw (normally i do not).

i was throttle happy but's so much fun with that saw :D

IMAG8955-2.jpg IMAG8959-2.jpg IMAG8961.jpg

The saw is a blast to work with! :babeando: Power to weight is amazing, even only after all these free mod's! It's hard to find a reason to touch a stock 562xpg again after this enjoyment, with all the 72cc power at the same weight :nusenuse:

Now, i hope my mate has some time to set up the squish and base cut this week. I want more :b1:

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Absolutely awesome. I know the vids can be a little deceiving, but to me it looked like you were using a 261CM with that small bar.
Nice job so far. It should be a complete animal after full port job. [emoji106]
Thanks for sharing all this with us.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

blsnelling

Friend of the Riff Raff
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, here's a quick video of the 462 slightly ported (only leveled up transfers and some smoothing and widening on the exhaust) with a deleted base gasket. My machining mate had no time to work on the cylinder last week (because of flu and holiday) so i decided to make an intermediate step with the saw (normally i do not).

View attachment 91066 View attachment 91067 View attachment 91068

The saw is a blast to work with! :babeando: Power to weight is amazing, even only after all these free mod's! It's hard to find a reason to touch a stock 562xpg again after this enjoyment, with all the 72cc power at the same weight :nusenuse:

Now, i hope my mate has some time to set up the squish and base cut this week. I want more :b1:
Wow! This little beast might make the OE 372XP invalid!

porsche965

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know of one distributor gargling on 461s. Once they get those sold down the 462 will come out. Just like the 441s showing back up. It's all about inventory control and getting rid of parts and saws.
The Dealers are being told that they will be out the end of next year, that they are making sure everything is right with the 462.
After watching Steph's videos (thank you) I'd say they have things right enough for me. Let's go!

Last edited:

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
1:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I know of one distributor gargling on 461s. Once they get those sold down the 462 will come out. Just like the 441s showing back up. It's all about inventory control and getting rid of parts and saws.
The Dealers are being told that they will be out the end of next year, that they are making sure everything is right with the 462.
After watching Steph's videos (thank you) I'd say they have things right enough for me. Let's go!
My centrements exactly bring it on :headbang:

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
1:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score

View attachment 91066 View attachment 91067 View attachment 91068

Awesome video there @StephK87 and pics thanks for sharing

StephK87

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's something off topic I know, but I just wanted to say THANK YOU! :worship2::thumbup:This forum and it's community are just awesome! Never before i've enjoyed a forum so much! And it is not even in my language....:eyepop: Again, thank you guys! I hope I can be a part of it for a long time. I will do my best to improve my language and content. ;)

Now, back to topic

the cylinder went back to my buddy for machining today, he is healthy again from his flu last week. I also took holiday on tuesday and wednesday to get it done.

And i'm in contact with a buddy, biggest husky dealer in our region, maybe I get a 572 test saw before christmas (unfortunately i must leave it stock :taptap:). If it works, i can compare it to my own 462 (with heated handles) that will show up in the end of november, would be a very interesting match up in terms of sheer (stock) engine performance, because the battle for handling and weight is definitely over in my opinion.