High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Inside the MS462C

komatsu

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
3:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Mike the 500i chop saw had been available for several years now. I believe it's a 72 cc rated at 5.2 hp. Obviously I'm assuming the chainsaw will be similiar specs but I'm speculating at best. Most of the construction suppliers I deal with don't push them that hard. They tell me the ones they have sold either the owner loves them or they absolutely hate them. Most being the later. I was told by several of these shops that they are extremely finicky on the quality of fuel. Most of this information I'm relaying was from early in when they first came out. As with anything I'm sure improvements have been made since they were introduced. We all know chop saws are one of the most abused pieces of equipment on the planet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been using a 500I for about 4 years. Other than a crack in the fuel injector when it was a week old, Ive had no issues with it. I believe the injector was just a bad part. It leaked fuel when it was running or when the primer bulb was pressed it would squirt out the side of the injector. Our 500I runs better than any other Stihl or Dolmar chop saw we've had. Just got another one 3 months ago.

I look forward to the 500I chainsaw!
These 462s look interesting as well....

Last edited:

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My brother recently got a 500i concrete saw and loves it. At the time of the purchase he debated getting a larger saw (I think they make 2 larger models), but ended up opting for the FI instead, and is very happy with the decision. These guys often don't bring back ups like we do, so reliability is key.